Black Beans are Back!
Black Beans are my secret baking weapon:
- It’s a SWEET Bean!
- VERY high in fibre!
- You can substitute flour in your brownies, blondies, pancakes and cookies recipes with black bean puree. If your recipe calls for 1/2 cup of flour, then use 1/2 cup of black bean puree instead.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
Mix the following in a blender:
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of black beans (no sodium added). Rinse them under cold water in a strainer first.
- 1/2 scoop of Peanut Butter Cookie Syntha-6 Whey (or you can use chocolate flavour to make brownies)
- 2 TBSP of powdered peanut butter PB2 (I used regular, but feel free to use chocolate PB2)
- 2 TBSP of Walden Farms Calorie Free Pancake Syrup. If you're worried the sucralose will make you sprout an extra nipple, then use agave nectar (although, that's high in high fructose corn syrup), or maple syrup (although, that's high in sugar). Pick your poison.
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Then add 1 tsp >70% Chocolate Chips
Spray non-stick cooking spray in a small oven-friendly baking pan (see photo). Place in the oven for 18-25 minutes. Verify the blondies are cooked in the centre with the "toothpick test".
Cut them into squares to create ~6 blondies.
For the entire recipe:
calories: 313, fat: 10.8g, saturated fat: 3.3g, cholesterol: 232.5mg, sodium: 420.7mg, carbohydrates: 29.8g, fiber: 12.3g, net carbs: 17.5g, sugars: 4.2g, protein: 24.8g
I ate half of the recipe (157 calories), and placed the leftovers in the fridge for another day. It's really yummy and moist!
Join my amazing TeamSS! You'll get my workouts, and you'll e-meet tons of incredible women who love to work out and make creative "cheat clean" recipes. Being a part of TeamSS will provide you the daily motivation you need to shed fat and build muscle! Are you in? Join TeamSS here!