Last Updated May 21, 2018
What type of Personal Information does Dr. Solomon collect?
Dr. Solomon may collect Personal Information from you when you voluntarily provide it to us through a number of features available on the Site. For example, we may ask you to provide personal information if you:
- register to subscribe for free recipes, fasting tutorials, daily workouts, or other free email subscription service;
- register for the free mobile application;
- purchase e-Books or online programs
- ask to receive online information from us;
- register for a contest, free giveaways, or other promotion;
- register to leave a comment or testimonial about Dr. Solomon's products;
- participate in a review, survey, customer research panel, or similar type of activity; and/or
- otherwise participate in features of our website that ask for Personal Information.
In addition, if you purchase or otherwise request a product, publication, or promotional offering from us you may be required to provide your contact and/or payment information (such as a credit card number) in order for us to process your request.
Dr. Solomon may also collect your Personal Information through clickstreaming (a technology that allows the Site to track the paths that you take as you access the Site, and as you use links to other sites), web beacons (small, graphic images that allows the Site to collect certain information and monitor user activity), and Site traffic information – Dr. Solomon monitors and analyses traffic information on the Site in order to determine which features and services are popular and useful to visitors, so that Dr. Solomon can improve our services.
Dr. Solomon also seeks (as many websites do) to place a "cookie" (a small data file) on your computer's hard drive which allows the Site's server to identify the computer when it visits again, in order to improve Site navigation. This cookie is not used to obtain Personal Information, and the information that is tracked is used for internal purposes only. However, if you prefer not to accept cookies, you can set your web browser to reject them or to alert you before one is placed.
We also use Pixel tags, such as facebook and analytics pixels. Pixel tags are also commonly known as a web beacon. It's a type of technology placed on a website or within the body of an e-mail for the purpose of tracking activity on websites, or when e-mails are opened or accessed, and is often used in combination with cookies.
Info we collect:
- Information you give us. For example, we collect personal information when you create an account with DrSaraSolomon.com; when you purchase a product; when you enter promotions or sweepstakes, such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, and ZIP code.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, such as information about how you use our sites and mobile applications, visit a website that uses our advertising services, view or interact with our ads and content, and information about your computer or mobile device. This information may include:
- Device Information
We collect device-specific information such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Device Information
- Log Information
When you use our services or view content provided by Bodybuilding.com, we automatically collect and store certain information in our server logs. This includes:
- details of how you use our services (e.g., when you log in).
- IP address
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware setting, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and referral URL
- Log Information
- Local Storage
We may collect and store information – including personal information – locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches.
- Local Storage
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
We may set and access cookies on your computer. We may also set and access device identifiers which may include your IP address, user agent information (e.g., browser version, OS type, and version), and device-provided identifiers.
- Social Media Widgets
Our sites and mobile applications include social media features, such as the Facebook “Like” button, Google Plus, Pinterest, and Twitter widgets. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our site, and they may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our site. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
How we use your Personal Information
You may be given the opportunity to consent to receive future promotional communications from us. If you opt-in to receive such communications, we may use the information to: communicate with you regarding our products, services and promotions; provide you with other information you request; and/or improve our product and service offerings. You will always have the opportunity to “unsubscribe” from receiving communications at any time.
Examples of how we use the information we collect include:
- Product and Service Fulfillment
- Fulfill and manage purchases/payments
- Respond to requests for information about our products and services on our website, mobile website, or mobile applications, or to otherwise serve you
- Connect with you regarding customer service via our contact center or social media platforms
- Administer sweepstakes and contests
- Allow you to, via our website or mobile applications, sign up for our e-mail newsletter, search for products and check availability, check prices, update account information, etc.
- Our Marketing Purposes
- Deliver coupons and promotions, newsletters, e-mails, mobile messages, and social media notifications
- Provide interactive features on the website or mobile applications, send marketing communications and other information regarding, products, services, and promotions
- Administer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, surveys, etc.
- Internal Operations
- Improve the effectiveness of our website, stores, mobile experience, and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis, including surveys
- Perform other business activities as needed
- Legal Compliance
- For example, assist law enforcement and respond to legal/regulatory inquiries
How does Dr. Solomon collect Personal Information?
Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites
Our site includes third-party interest-based advertising using information you make available to us when you interact with our sites, content, or services.
European Union Regulation governing the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data ("EU GDPR"), requires us to provide additional and different information about our data processing practices to data subjects in the EEA.
We use web cookies, pixel tags and other information technologies to provide features on our web and mobile sites to users in the EEA.
In accordance with applicable privacy law, you have the following rights in respect of your personal information that we hold:
- Right of access and portability. The right to obtain access to and to receive your personal information.
- Right to rectification. The right to obtain rectification of your personal information without undue delay where that personal information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure. The right to obtain the erasure of your personal information without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
- Right to restriction. The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the personal information is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that personal information.
- Right to object. The right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal information, and to object to processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, to the extent it is related to such direct marketing.
- If you have provided consent for direct marketing emails or other data processing, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- If you wish to exercise one of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint to your local data protection authority. Further information about how to contact your local data protection authority is available at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
How Dr. Solomon protects your Personal Information
Dr. Solomon keeps your Personal Information and the business that you do with us in strict confidence. You have control over how Dr. Solomon obtains, uses, and gives out information about you. You also have access to the information that Dr. Solomon has about you and Dr. Solomon respects your privacy when we market our products and services.
How Dr. Solomon may share or disclose Personal Information
Dr. Solomon does not sell to third parties any Personal Information that Dr. Solomon collects. Dr. Solomon may provide or share the Personal Information that you provide with third parties or promotional partners who provide services on our behalf. These entities may use the information solely in conjunction with the specific services they provide to us (e.g. fulfillment of an order; responding to your question or comment; providing a promotional prize; deployment of a consumer survey; and/or investigation of a complaint).
Dr. Solomon may collect, use or disclose information without your consent if Dr. Solomon: i) must disclose information for legal reasons; (ii) has to protect the interests of Dr. Solomon, for example, to detect or prevent fraud; iii) must use an outside company to process information - at times Dr. Solomon may use the expertise of an outside company to do work for us involving some of your Personal Information. When Dr. Solomon does use an outside company, we select the company carefully and confirm that it uses security and privacy standards comparable to those of Dr. Solomon.
Personal Information may be subject to transfer to another organization. This might occur, for example, in contemplation of a merger or a change of ownership of all or part of Dr. Solomon. Dr. Solomon will do this only if the parties have entered into an agreement under which the disclosure of the information (including any Personal Information) is restricted to those purposes that relate to the business transaction and is to be used by the parties to carry out and complete the business transaction.
Consent to use of Personal Information
The protection of your Personal Information is of critical importance to us. If you don't want Dr. Solomon to use Personal Information for marketing or publicity purposes, please tell us at the time the information is collected. You may withdraw your consent any time after you have given it to us, provided there are no legal requirements to prevent this, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Please note, if you do not consent to certain uses of information, or if you withdraw your consent, Dr. Solomon may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. If so, Dr. Solomon will explain the situation to you to help you with your decision.
Requests for access or correction of Personal Information
Requests to access or correct any Personal Information held about you may be submitted to the email address listed at “Contact Information,” below. After we have verified your identity, we will endeavour to provide the information requested within the time specified by local law or within a reasonable period of time. If your information is shown to be inaccurate, we will endeavour to correct it as appropriate. If we decline to provide the Personal Information held or to make the correction requested, we will provide reasons for such decline.
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to deal quickly with your request to see your information, and always respond to you within thirty (30) days. If Dr. Solomon needs to extend the time, or Dr. Solomon has to refuse your request, Dr. Solomon will tell you why, subject to any legal restrictions and will notify you of the new deadline, the reasons for the extension, and your rights under applicable legislation respecting the extension.
You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you. If your data is incorrect, incomplete, or irrelevant you can ask to have the information corrected or removed. To access or update your personal information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Solomon communicates with users who subscribe to her services on a regular basis via e-mail. For example, she may use your e-mail address to confirm your request, to send you notice of payments, to send you the digital product you purchased, and to send notices and other disclosures as required by law. Generally, users cannot opt-out of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature rather than promotional.
Dr. Solomon provides you the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice if you do not want to receive other types of communication from her, such as emails or updates from her regarding new services and products offered on the Sites. Dr. Solomon will process your unsubscribe request as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe is processed. You also may opt-out of receiving such emails by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link within the text of the email.
Dr. Solomon takes reasonable and appropriate measures to keep Personal Information accurate and up-to-date. In an effort to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of Personal Information, Dr. Solomon takes appropriate physical, organizational and technical measures to protect Personal Information.
However, for greater clarity, Dr. Solomon cannot guarantee that any information that you may choose to disclose via the Internet will not be intercepted by third parties. We assume no responsibility for Personal Information disclosed through the Internet, which is intercepted, diverted or otherwise accessed.
Personal Information collected by Dr. Solomon may be stored at locations outside of Canada, and as such is subject to the law of such other jurisdictions. Personal Information may be accessed by foreign governments or law enforcement in such other jurisdictions and Dr. Solomon may be required to disclose such Personal Information by operation of law.
How is Your Personal Information Protected?
Security Methods: We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information. When we collect or transmit sensitive information, we use industry standard methods to protect that information. However, no e-commerce solution, website, mobile application, database, or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
E-mail Security: “Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your password, username, credit card information, or other personal information through e-mail.
Retention and disposal of Personal Information
Dr. Solomon keeps your Personal Information only so long as we need it for the products and services that you are using, to offer you products and services when you are a customer and for a reasonable time thereafter, or to meet any legal requirements. Dr. Solomon destroys your Personal Information when it is no longer needed, or we remove your name from the Personal Information.