- Only requires 10 minutes to make and 5 ingredients
- Low Carb and Low Sugar
- High in protein
What is Casein Protein?
I’m sure you have heard of Whey Protein, which is used immediately post-workout because it digests quickly to help you build muscle. Casein protein, however, digests SLOWLY, providing a slow-release amino stream for an 8 hour period. This means it can be used to help repair muscle and prevent muscle breakdown while you sleep for 8 hours. Therefore, the optimal time to take it would be before bed.
I like BSN Syntha-6 Isolate because it has whey and casein, making it a powerful dual-function protein cocktail.
Step 1: Add the following to a large bowl and mix with an electric hand mixer for 10 minutes (this creates the fluff):
- 1 scoop of BSN Syntha-6 Isolate (vanilla)
- 1 TBSP of all-natural crunchy peanut butter (to save on fat calories, substitute with powdered peanut butter).
- 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 tsp of gluten-free xanthan gum (it's a thickening agent)
Step 2: Cut 1 Quest Protein PB cup into tiny pieces using a sharp knife
- Pour the fluff into a dessert bowl
- Garnish with the PB cup pieces
- Serve and Enjoy! It yields quite a large portion, so unless you are He-Man, I recommend eating half and placing the other half in the fridge for the following evening.
This recipe yields:
- 400 calories, 23 g of fat, 5.5 g of saturated fat, cholesterol: 17.5 mg, sodium: 510 mg, carbohydrates: 15 g, fiber: 5.5 g, NET CARBS: 9.5 g, sugars: 3.5 g, protein: 40 g
This is a colossal portion (perfect for all the muscle-building manly men). I, however, am a lady and was content eating half:
- 200 calories, 11.5 g of fat, 2.75 g of saturated fat, cholesterol: 8.75 mg, sodium: 255 mg, carbohydrates: 7.5 g, fiber: 2.75, NET CARBS: 4.75, sugars: 1.88 g, protein: 20 g