Hi! I'm Sara Solomon and I'm a Bodybuilding.com and BSN sponsored athlete.
Here's a list of my favourite things**!
- My Jump Rope: My Sara Solomon/Buddy Lee Versa Trainer
- Strongfit Sandbags
- Pec Sticks: Yes, plural, just like the sandbags. I own 3 different pec sticks: 45kg, 30kg and 20kg. This is the 45kg Pec Stick that I purchased. It's very challenging, and I do indeed use it, but I mostly use the 20kg one. I'd recommend everyone buy a 20kg Pec Stick.
- Spud Lat Pulldown Pulley
- Exer-genie (for rope pulls and sled work indoors)
- Airdyne bike
- Concept2 Rower
- Resistance Loop Bands, Resistance Bands
- Foam Rollers (and massage balls)
- I also have a treadmill, a spin bike, a bench, and a collection of dumbbells and kettlebells.
- The rest of my equipment was purchased online at Rogue Fitness. I have a Rogue HR-2 Half Rack (with safety spotter arms and storage posts), a woman's 35 pound Bella bar, a 45 pound OHIO bar, bumper plates (2.5, 5, 10, 25, 35 and 45 pounds) and a training bar (15 pounds). My other Rogue Fitness items include a matador (for dips), wooden box, wooden gymnastics rings, a post landmine, a 12-pound medicine ball, a PVC pipe and an AB-2 Firm AbMat.
Padded lifting straps: These are the ones I use for deadlifts. I like to start my deadlifts with my bare hands so I can develop my grip strength. I only resort to the straps after I have exhausted my grip strength ... that way the straps allow me to train harder than my grip strength would normally allow.
Fill ’n Go Funnel: This is a portable funnel for storing BCAAs. I use this when travelling. So necessary!
Supplements & Food
BCAAs (plain, with caffeine or with creatine): When, Why and How I use them and my favourite brand.
Fish Oil: Why and when I take it, and how I store it.
Protein Powders: Which taste the best, which are lower in calories?
Protein Bars: I'm a protein bar addict. Check out my favourite.
Powdered Peanut Butter: PB&Me's chocolate hazelnut is AMAZING!
Calorie-Free Syrups, Salad Dressings & More: Great for saving calories.
Protein Bread & Protein Nut Butters: Great for making flatbread pizza. The nut butters are unbelievable.
Ice Cream Machine: I love to make protein ice cream.
*Contain affiliate links. I only recommend products that I use and love. But please do not feel obligated to purchase anything through my links. I'm a BSN and Bodybuilding.com Sponsored Athlete. Click the Terms of Service to read my affiliate disclosure.