I needed to use my leftover canned pumpkin before it went bad. Hence Pumpkin Protein Cake! I love how this unplanned recipe ended up becoming a delicious masterpiece!
You'll never guess what I used for the stem.
This cake is so good! Like OMG & oh la la la. Plus it's
- high in protein
- low net carb
- high in fibre
- very low in sugar
- loaded with healthy fat
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine the following ingredients into a bowl and mix:
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Ground Flaxseed Meal
- 3/4 Scoop BSN Syntha-6 Whey (Cinnamon Bun)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Egg Whites
- 1 cup pumpkin (this makes the cake moist… if you omit this, it will be DRY).
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (vanilla)
- add last:
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
Place this mixture (which may seem runny, but that’s ok because you don’t want a dry cake) into greased 6" x 2&3/4" springform pan
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes (use a toothpick to verify the cake is cooked).
Cool before removing the springform casing. Apply icing after the cake has cooled.
Add the following to a bowl and mix to create the icing:
- 1/4 cup (4 TBSP) pumpkin (this makes the icing orange!)
- 3/4 scoop BSN Syntha-6 Whey (Cinnamon Bun)
- 1 TBSP Walden Farms Calorie Free Pancake Syrup. You can use vanilla extract or vanilla stevia if you prefer to sweeten the icing.
Edible Leaves & Stem Decoration:
- I used 2 spinach leaves to decorate the top of the cake
- 1 used 1/2 of a Chocolate Peanut Butter Quest Bar. I placed it in the microwave for 10 seconds so I could roll it into a cylinder shape like a stem. Then I pushed it into the centre of the cake.
This recipe yields 8 pieces of cake. Place leftover pieces into the fridge.
For 1/8 of the cake WITH icing:
- 96.5calories, 4.6g fat, 0.7g saturated fat, 36.6mg cholesterol, 137.85mg sodium, carb: 7.5g, fiber: 3.9g, NET CARBS: 3.6g, sugars:1.8g, protein: 7.8g
For 1/2 of a chocolate peanut butter Quest Bar:
- 80 calories, 2.5g fat, saturated fat: 0.5g, cholesterol2.5mg, sodium: 135mg, carb: 12.5g, fiber:8.5g, sugar alcohol: 2.5g, NET CARBS: 1.5g, sugars:0.5g, protein: 10g