Workouts don't need to be time-consuming or require expensive equipment to be effective. No Gym? No Problem! All you need is an inexpensive and portable JUMP ROPE!
- 10 minutes of jumping at 120 turns per minute burns 150 calories.
- 10 minutes of nonstop jumping at 120 turns per minute provides the same cardiovascular benefits as 30 minutes of jogging!
I absolutely LOVE today's workout. I jump rope EVERY DAY for 10 minutes. It is my "prelude" to my "fugue". My fugues consist of my 15-20-minute total body, high intensity, no-gym required, RESISTANCE circuits, which you can access here.
Stay tuned for next week's "FUGUE": It's awesome!
Before You Pick Up a Jump Rope:
Before you pick up a jump rope, you must first learn:
1. How to adjust your jump rope. Click here to learn how to determine your correct jump rope length.
Practice is the key to developing endurance and proficiency, and will enable you to reap the most benefits from jump rope training.
Always a Must!
- Read my workout rules before you begin!
Drink your BCAAs!
Stay hydrated with water.
- A Gymboss Interval Timer
- A laptop, smart phone, or tablet (to play this workout video)
- Shock-absorbing surface, such as interlocking floor mats.
- A Dr. Sara Solomon Cross Speed Jump Rope by Buddy Lee Jump Ropes. It’s portable and inexpensive. I always travel with mine!
Today’s Video Workout:
Set your gymboss timer for: 40 seconds WORK, 10 seconds REST. This circuit consists of 12 different Buddy Lee Jump Rope Techniques. Perform the circuit once, which takes 10 minutes.
- Basic Bounce
- Alternate-Foot Step
- Side Straddle
- X-Foot Cross
- Forward Straddle
- Full Twister
- Bell Jump
- Skier's Jump
- Forward Shuffle
- Backward Shuffle
- High Step
- Power Jumps (Double Unders)
Do the workout with me! Just click on this video:
Always Stretch and Foam Roll after your workouts to prevent injury!