Avocado in Dessert?
I know what you are thinking: GROSS!! A dessert made with avocado?? Just trust me on this one.
Recipe (for 1 serving):
1. Slice 1 ripe (ie. mushy) avocado in half, remove the pit. Return the other half of the avocado to the fridge for another day.
2. You can make this recipe by hand or with a blender/food processor. The later option makes it much creamier. Either mash the avocado in the bowl with a fork until it is smooth and creamy or use a blender or food processor. This represents about 1/3 cup of pureed avocado.
3. Add BSN Syntha-6 Edge Whey (chocolate milkshake flavour): 1 scoop if you want more protein or 1/2 a scoop if you are watching your calories.
4. Add sweetener of your choice. Examples: stevia, Ideal (xylitol & splenda), maple sugar, honey, dates, agave. I use calorie free pancake syrup. Remember to calculate your calories and macros if you use a sweetener with calories.
5. Optional: add cacao powder to make it even more chocolatey. (If you use this, factor it into your calories/macros)
6. Blend. You may need to add a tad bit of water.
7. Enjoy or refrigerate for later. You can use the pudding for frosting or fruit dip.
(for 1 scoop of whey, 1/3 cup puree avocado, calorie free sweetener)
- calories: 273, fat: 14.7 g, saturated fat: 2.6 g, cholesterol: 50mg, sodium: 195.4mg, carbohydrates: 12.5g, fiber: 6.1 g, sugar: 2.5 g, protein: 25. g
Chocolate Avocado Stuffed Strawberries:
I prefer to make the pudding in bulk using a food processor or blender (that way the avocados don't have to be ripe).
I use 5 avocados and I add 5 scoops of chocolate protein powder and a generous amount of calorie free pancake syrup.
This makes 10 servings. I give 5 to my mom and keep 5 for myself. It will last for 5 days in the fridge.
I like to hull 10 strawberries and place them into an ice cube tray. Then I spoon the pudding into the strawberries. Another option is to use a Ziploc bag as a piping bag ... just cut off the corner to create your frosting tip and then pipe the pudding into the hulled strawberries. If you don't have time to hull strawberries, then just dip the strawberries into the pudding.
Here is the nutritional info for this version (i.e. 1/3 cup puree avocado and half a scoop of whey with 10 medium strawberries):
calories: 236, 13.1g fat, 2.1g sat fat, 25mg cholesterol, 234.1mg sodium, 18.7g carbs, 7.5g fibre, 7.9g sugars, 14.3g protein.
Watch the video recipe:
- My Intermittent Fasting Tutorials: get them for free at StartFastingToday.com
- Substituting high calorie junk food with my "cheat clean" recipes can prevent you from over-consuming high calorie junk food. This is a great strategy for preventing weight gain.Try my approach, and you will be shocked how effortless it is to lose fat and maintain your weight, without having to slash your calories, demonize food (or fruit), or eat tiny portions. So if you want to put an end to yo-yo dieting all while satisfying your daily cravings ... then check out my Fat Loss Fast System.
- If you are strapped for time, and need 10-minute home workouts that use minimal equipment, then I invite you to join my 30-Day Igniter Home Workout Program. What is the 30-Day Igniter? It's my 10-minute HOME video workout program. It combines strength training, jump rope training and pilates. I teach you how to breathe during your workouts, how to activate your muscles (including your pelvic floor), how to move within your current mobility, and most importantly, mindset training! This is a mind and body transformation. All I need from you is 10 minutes a day for the next 30 days