This is Bananas!
Did you know there are 99 grams of carbs in a Dairy Queen Banana Split? That's a lot!
Here's my Banana Split recipe. It's delicious, high in protein, half the calories and only has 36g of carbs. Perfect for anyone following my Fat Loss Fast System!
Before you Begin:
Place the following into a blender:
- 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond or cashew milk (note: you can substitute with coconut milk, which will make the ice cream even creamier).
- 1 scoop of BSN ISOBURN Whey (chocolate milkshake flavour)
- 1/4 cup strawberries (they can be frozen or fresh)
Pour this mixture into your ice cream machine for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut 1 medium banana in half (lengthwise) and plate it
- Scoop the ice cream in between the bananas (see photo below)
- Slather 2 TBSP of Walden Farms Strawberry Syrup over the ice cream (optional).
- calories: 267, fat: 5.1g, saturated fat: 0.9g, cholesterol, 10mg, sodium: 401.5 mg, carbohydrates: 36.2g, fiber: 6.5g, sugars: 18.2g, protein: 22.3g
Dairy Queen's Version:
- calories: 530, fat: 13g, saturated fat: 9g, trans fats: 0.5g, cholesterol: 35mg, sodium: 180mg, carbohydrates: 99g, fibre: 4g, sugars 78g, protein: 9g
If you love bananas, be sure to check out my Healthy Banana Bread Recipe!