Attention Alternate Day Fasters!
Pancakes every day! Huh? How? What? Keep reading!
If you follow my approach to Alternate Day Fasting, that means you fast for 36 hours on alternating days. The good news is that you don't have to eat zero calories during these 36 hours (which are referred to by Dr. Johnson as "Down Days"). After 20 hours have elapsed, you can eat <500 calories worth of lean protein and vegetables. For more information about Intermittent Fasting, please sign up for my FREE Fasting Tutorials!
Not everyone wants to eat chicken on their "Down Days". So here is a low calorie, low carb, low fat option for people with a sweet tooth! It uses 2 lean protein sources: egg whites and BSN ISOBURN Fat-burning Protein Powder Matrix.
This recipe is FLUFFY & DELICIOUS! I used it again on my "Up Day", except I added dark chocolate chips! YUM!
Then I became even fancier and added Sugar Free Jell-O Butterscotch Instant Pudding!
1. Blend the following in a Magic Bullet (or blender) to create the pancake batter:
- 1/2 scoop of BSN ISOBURN Whey in Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup of egg whites
- 2 giant globs (~3 TBSP) of Walden Farms Marshmallow Dip (Calorie Free/Sugar Free). This makes it fluffy!
2. Place the batter onto a non-stick skillet over medium heat (or use non-stick cooking spray). Flip the pancake (with a big spatula) after a few minutes (when you can see the bottom has turned golden brown). Cook the opposite side for a few minutes until it also turns golden brown.
- If it's your "Up Day", then add 1 tsp >70% Chocolate Chips.
- If it's your "Down Day", then immediately skip to step 3.
3. Plate the pancake and drizzle with Walden Farms Calorie Free Pancake Syrup!
==>For the butterscotch pudding pancakes: Use the same recipe except:
- Blend 1 package of Sugar Free Jell-O Instant Pudding (butterscotch) with 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk in a clean Magic Bullet. Set aside 1/2 of the portion for the pancake topping. Then add the same ingredients into the Magic Bullet for the pancake batter, except use 3/4 cups of egg whites.
==>for the Down Day Pancake
- calories: 120, fat: 1g, saturated fat: 0.3g, cholesterol: 5mg, sodium: 375.8mg, carbohydrates: 2.5g, fiber: 1g, NET CARBS: 1.5g, sugars: 1g, protein: 24g
==>for the Up Day Pancake (with chocolate chips)
- calories: 150, fat: 3g, saturated fat: 1.3g, cholesterol: 5mg, sodium: 376.5mg, carbohydrates: 4.8g, fiber: 1.3g, NET CARBS: 3.5g, sugars: 2.7g, protein: 24.3g
==> for the Up Day Butterscotch Pudding Pancakes
- calories: 310, fat: 5.6g, saturated fat: 1.5g, cholesterol: 5mg, sodium: 1851.5mg, carbohydrates: 30.3g, fiber: 2.1g, NET CARBS: 28.2g, sugars: 2.7g, protein: 32.1g
=> Find detailed explanations about the ingredients I used in this recipe by clicking on my Ingredient Encyclopedia!