This is a family favourite, and my mom has agreed to teach us how to make her famous slow cooker beef and bean chilli!
Chili or chilli? American Spelling is chili. International English spelling is chilli.
- 1 package of Chilli Mix (~32g). We like the hot 'n spicy mix. In Canada, we use "Club House". In the USA, you can use McCormick.
- 1 lb (450g) extra lean ground beef (fried)
- 1/2 large onion diced and fried with 1 tsp crushed garlic (~2/3 cup fried)
- 1 can mushroom pieces and stems (not drained) ~284mL
- 1 can Stagg Chili ~425g
- 1 large can stewed tomatoes (~540 mL)
- 1 can tomato sauce (213 mL)
- 1 can pork & beans (398 mL or 14 oz)
- 4 strips cooked bacon (cut up)
- 2 pepperoni sticks cut up (or 4 to 8 pieces cut up)
- 1 large can red kidney beans (796mL or 28 oz) ... mostly drained
- 1-2 tsp chilli powder and pepper
- Fry the beef in a skillet. Dump it into the slow cooker. Save the juices.
- Fry the onion and garlic in the juices. Dump into the slow cooker.
- Drain most of the liquid from the kidney beans and dump into the slow cooker.
- Dump everything else into the slow cooker, including most of the liquid from the mushrooms. Stir well. Heat on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Mom demonstrated the recipe on a Facebook live session! Watch below:
Note this recipe yields almost 12 cups of chilli.
For 1 cup of chilli:
calories: 197.05, fat: 5.43g, saturated fat: 2.01g, cholesterol: 7.84mg, sodium: 688.2mg, carbs: 21.59g, fibre: 5.66g, sugar: 4.62g, protein: 13.84g
If you want to learn how you can manipulate your tendency to overeat in a way that does not sabotage your fat loss ... so you can finally put an end to yo-yo dieting, look consistently awesome and satisfy your daily cravings ... then check out my Fat Loss Fast System.