This is a family favourite, and my mom has agreed to teach us how to make her famous slow cooker beef and bean chilli!
Chili or chilli? American Spelling is chili. International English spelling is chilli.
- 1 package of Chilli Mix (~32g). We like the hot 'n spicy mix. In Canada, we use "Club House". In the USA, you can use McCormick.
- 1 lb (450g) extra lean ground beef (fried)
- 1/2 large onion diced and fried with 1 tsp crushed garlic (~2/3 cup fried)
- 1 can mushroom pieces and stems (not drained) ~284mL
- 1 can Stagg Chili ~425g
- 1 large can stewed tomatoes (~540 mL)
- 1 can tomato sauce (213 mL)
- 1 can pork & beans (398 mL or 14 oz)
- 4 strips cooked bacon (cut up)
- 2 pepperoni sticks cut up (or 4 to 8 pieces cut up)
- 1 large can red kidney beans (796mL or 28 oz) ... mostly drained
- 1-2 tsp chilli powder and pepper
- Fry the beef in a skillet. Dump it into the slow cooker. Save the juices.
- Fry the onion and garlic in the juices. Dump into the slow cooker.
- Drain most of the liquid from the kidney beans and dump into the slow cooker.
- Dump everything else into the slow cooker, including most of the liquid from the mushrooms. Stir well. Heat on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Mom demonstrated the recipe on a Facebook live session! Watch below:
Note this recipe yields almost 12 cups of chilli.
For 1 cup of chilli:
calories: 197.05, fat: 5.43g, saturated fat: 2.01g, cholesterol: 7.84mg, sodium: 688.2mg, carbs: 21.59g, fibre: 5.66g, sugar: 4.62g, protein: 13.84g
- My Intermittent Fasting Tutorials: get them for free at StartFastingToday.com
- Substituting high calorie junk food with my "cheat clean" recipes can prevent you from over-consuming high calorie junk food. This is a great strategy for preventing weight gain.Try my approach, and you will be shocked how effortless it is to lose fat and maintain your weight, without having to slash your calories, demonize food (or fruit), or eat tiny portions. So if you want to put an end to yo-yo dieting all while satisfying your daily cravings ... then check out my Fat Loss Fast System.
- If you are strapped for time, and need 10-minute home workouts that use minimal equipment, then I invite you to join my 30-Day Igniter Home Workout Program. What is the 30-Day Igniter? It's my 10-minute HOME video workout program. It combines strength training, jump rope training and pilates. I teach you how to breathe during your workouts, how to activate your muscles (including your pelvic floor), how to move within your current mobility, and most importantly, mindset training! This is a mind and body transformation. All I need from you is 10 minutes a day for the next 30 days