Rice paper may not provide much nutritional value, but it is gluten free and very user-friendly. It also offers a low calorie approach to making your clean eats look more like cheats. I bet you get really bored eating shrimp and salad. So why not play tricks on your taste buds by wrapping your shrimp salad into a low-calorie edible wrapper?
This recipe yields 2 rice paper shrimp rolls:
- Make one roll at a time to prevent a sticky rice paper disaster!
- Get all of your ingredients ready to go! Once you wet the rice paper, you need to hustle.
- Soak a sheet of Rice Paper under warm running tap water for about 15 seconds. Shake to dry it off.
- Place the rice paper onto a plate.
- Load the rice paper with 2 oz of shrimp, 1/4 cup of enoki mushrooms, 1/4 cup of broccoli slaw (trust me, that's all that will fit!).
- Drizzle 1/2 TBSP of Wholly Spicy Guacamole (available in your grocery store). This is a tasty way to include a healthy fat in this recipe.
- Neatly fold the bottom edge of the rice paper over the filling. Then fold in the side edges of the rice paper. Roll up the rice paper roll to form a neatly packed cylinder. I was never particularly good at origami, so I just rolled it up like a sleeping bag. Do whatever works for you!
- Repeat steps 1 through 5 for the second roll.
- Feel free to use your favourite fresh vegetables. I like to save time by purchasing pre-washed and cut veggies and pre-cooked shrimp.
- I use enoki mushrooms but you can use dried vermicelli noodles or miracle noodles.
- You can wrap your shrimp and veggies with collard greens instead of rice paper.
- Instead of guacamole, you can use shrimp sauce. Here is my shrimp sauce version:
For 2 rice paper shrimp rolls (using the spicy guacamole):
calories: 200, fat: 4.4g, saturated fat: 1g, cholesterol: 206.7mg, sodium: 499mg, carbohydrates: 22g, fiber: 2.9g, NET CARBS: 19.1g, sugars: 1.1g, protein: 21 g
If you want to learn how you can manipulate your tendency to overeat in a way that does not sabotage your fat loss ... so you can finally put an end to yo-yo dieting, look consistently awesome and satisfy your daily cravings ... then check out my Fat Loss Fast System. I explain exactly how I approach my diet so that I can eat my favourite foods without getting fat (or feeling even an ounce of guilt)!