Oh My Goodness these are delicious! This no-bake recipe is super quick and easy. It makes 9 protein candy cane balls. Each ball is 106 calories.
It's not a raw food recipe ... so simmer down, pot roast. Watch the video so you will understand my title 😃
If you make them, please post a photo of your balls on Instagram and tag @DrSaraSolomon so I can see them! I want to see your balls! 🤪
Video & Written Recipe
- In a food processor, combine 1.5 scoops of BSN Syntha-6 (limited edition candy cane flavour, use code SARASOLOM10 for 10% off), 1/4 cup medjool dates (chopped), 2 TBSP honey, 1/4 cup unsweetened cashew milk (or milk of choice), 4 TBSP of coconut flour, and 1/8 cup steel cut oats.
- Mix until it becomes a batter. If it's too runny, add more coconut flour.
- Shape the batter into 9 balls on plastic wrap or wax paper or parchment paper.
- Crush 3 candy canes (put them in a ziploc bag and smash them with a hammer). Place the smashed pieces into a bowl.
- Coat the balls in the candy cane pieces. You can also use other decor: red and green sprinkles, or you can use blue and white ones and make Chanukah Balls (p.s. I'm Jewish, by the way, but I just LOVE Christmas recipes and I really want a Christmas tree so badly, because I want to see what my cats will do to it).
- You can store these in the fridge, or in your stomach.
- Watch the video demonstration. If you don't, you are really missing out on very important information that will change your entire day 🤪
Makes 9 balls. For 1 ball:
- calories: 106 calories, 1.2g fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 6.7mg cholesterol, 26.6mg sodium, 19.8g carbs, 1.6g fibre, 14.4g sugar, 3.3g protein
Black Friday SALE!
I've been an intermittent faster and a flexible dieter since 2012. I put together an entire system (an e-Book) that shows you how to make it work for your schedule, goals and eating personality. I call it the Fat Loss Fast System (use code RAW50 for Black Friday!!!). It's a sustainable approach to eating. I really enjoy helping people who love the daily process ... people who love finding value in making choices that are right for their body. When it comes to body recomposition and fitness, I believe that fixation on the endgame is the reason why people become so disappointed and end up throwing in the towel. I also believe that following too many food rules is a recipe for disaster! My passion is teaching you how to love the daily process, by showing you a simple common-sense approach that can be applied to real life. That's the secret to long-term success!