My protein ice cream and cookies recipes have SAVED me so many times from pigging out on the much higher calorie versions found at the grocery store.
My protein versions offer big portions that are low in calories and equally tasty. And that's how I stay lean and sane, all while optimizing my muscle gains.
Recipes like these make it easy to meet daily protein requirements ... because let's face it... who wants to eat chicken, fish and egg whites multiple times a day?
Cinnamon Roll Cookies & Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
My version of ice cream and cookies is 420 calories. If you have the identical version from Dairy Queen and Keebler, it will cost you 990 calories.
Wait until you try my 5-minute (1-ingredient) Cinnamon Roll cookies dipped in the Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream! OMG HURRY! Go preheat your oven to 400 degrees F right meow!
- Break 1 Cinnamon Roll Quest Bar into 6 pieces. Place these pieces into a bowl lined with plastic wrap. Microwave for 15 seconds. I recommend using plastic wrap so the Quest Bar doesn't stick to the bowl. (You can use any flavour of Quest Bar).
- Immediately roll the warmed pieces into balls.
- Place these balls on a cookie sheet. Even though I use a Silpat mat, I still spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Flatten the 6 balls into cookie shapes.
- Bake for 4 to 5 minutes. ENJOY!
Nutritional information: (for all 6 cookies!)
Calories: 170, fat: 7g, saturated fat: 1g, cholesterol: 5mg, sodium: 200mg, carbohydrate: 23mg, fibre: 14g, sugar: 1g, protein: 20g
The Ice Cream:
Place the following into a blender:
- 4 TBSP of canned pumpkin
- 1 & 1/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or cashew milk)
- 3/4 scoop of BSN Syntha-6 Whey (Cinnamon Bun Flavour) (or just use 1 scoop of BSN Syntha-6 Edge Whey in Cinnamon Bun)
- 2 TBSP Walden Farms Calorie Free Pancake Syrup
- 2 TBSP of GG Bran Scandinavian Fibre Sprinkles or Crushed Fiber One Cereal (Note: these are not gluten-free)
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Nutritional information: (for the whole thing)
calories: 232, fat: 8.4g, saturated fat: 1.5g, cholesterol: 48.8mg, sodium: 362.27g, carbohydrates: 22.7g, fibre: 10.7g, sugars: 3.6g, protein: 19.2g
More Flavour Ideas:
The sky is the limit! Here are some of my creations. I'd love to see yours! Tag me on twitter or Instagram @drsarasolomon.
Substituting high calorie junk food with my "cheat clean" recipes can prevent you from over-consuming high calorie junk food. This is a great strategy for preventing weight gain.
Try my approach, and you will be shocked how effortless it is to lose fat and maintain your weight, without having to demonize food or portions. (Hey, I get it, I confess I cannot eat tiny portions.... I need HUGE portions to feel satisfied!).
If you want to learn how you can manipulate your tendency to overeat in a way that does not sabotage your fat loss ... so you can finally put an end to yo-yo dieting, ... then check out my Fat Loss Fast System. I explain exactly how I approach my diet so that I can eat 14 cookies in a row without gaining fat (or feeling even an ounce of guilt)!