What's better than cheesecake? A Cheesecake with a Quest Peanut Butter Cup Bottom!
Step 1: Add the following to a large bowl and mix with an electric hand mixer for 2 minutes:
- 1 package of Jell-O Sugar Free Cheesecake Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
- 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or unsweetened cashew milk)
Step 2: Cottage Cheese is optional!
- I added 4 TBSP of low fat cottage cheese and mixed it into the pudding with the electric hand mixer. The reasons are twofold:
- Because the cheesecake filling was TOO SWEET for me! Made my head shake!
- Because cottage cheese has casein protein. Casein protein is a slow-releasing protein, making it a perfect protein choice for an intermittent faster's last meal during his/her eating window.
Step 3: Dissect the Peanut Butter Cups
- Use a fork to scoop out the insides of 2 Quest Peanut Butter Cups (see photo). It creates mini bowls!
- Place half of the "scoopings" into the cheesecake pudding. Save the other half for the topping.
- Place the PB Cups into muffin paper cups in a muffin tray
- Scoop the pudding mixture on top of each PB cup (Use 1/4 of the pudding per PB cup). See Photo.
- Place the PB cup shavings on top of each cheesecake for decoration. Then place the muffin tray in the freezer for about 1 hour and 40 minutes. I had no issues removing the paper liner... it came off like a prom dress!
- Place the other half of the pudding mixture into the fridge. Save it for another recipe or eat it later! You could add it to a shake or an ice cream recipe!
I ate one cheesecake and saved the other one in the freezer for another day. It is very decadent.
For 1 cheesecake:
- calories: 167, fat: 9.3g, cholesterol: 4.4mg, sodium: 469.7mg, carbohydrates: 11.8g, fiber: 3.2g, sugars: 0.8g, protein: 13.2g
Substituting high calorie junk food with my "cheat clean" recipes can prevent you from over-consuming high calorie junk food. This is a great strategy for preventing weight gain.
Try my approach, and you will be shocked how effortless it is to lose fat and maintain your weight, without having to demonize food or portions. (Hey, I get it, I confess I cannot eat tiny portions.... I need HUGE portions to feel satisfied!).
If you want to learn how you can manipulate your tendency to overeat in a way that does not sabotage your fat loss ... so you can finally put an end to yo-yo dieting, look consistently awesome and satisfy your daily sweet tooth cravings ... then check out my Fat Loss Fast System. I explain exactly how I approach my diet so that I can eat my favourite food without getting fat (or feeling even an ounce of guilt)!