You only need 5 minutes to prepare these 6-ingredient protein oat bars and 20 minutes to bake them in the oven. Win!
- 2 cups rolled oats (I used Bob's Red Mill 5 Grain Rolled Hot Cereal)
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 6 TBSP all natural peanut butter
- 1.5 scoops BSN Syntha-6 Edge Peanut Butter Cookie Protein Powder
- 6 TBSP unsweetened shredded coconut
- 5 TBSP semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F
- Grease a glass pan (mine was 8 x 12 inches, but I suggest something smaller if you want thicker bars).
- Mash 3 ripe bananas in a bowl, and mix with the 6 TBSP of peanut butter.
- Mix with the dry ingredients: oats, protein powder, coconut, chocolate chips.
- Transfer the mixture into the glass pan
- Bake for ~20 minutes (until lightly golden brown). Cool on a wire rack and cut into bars.
- It depends how you cut the bars, but it yields about 8 servings (4 servings if you prefer bigger portions).
- Store them in an air tight container in the fridge.
For the entire recipe: 2255 calories, 95.9g fat, 29.2g saturated fat, 25mg cholesterol, 477.6mg sodium, 301.4g carbs, 49g fibre, 49.9g sugars, 99.3g protein
For 1/8th of recipe: 282 calories, 12g fat, 3.7g saturated fat, 3.1mg cholesterol, 59.7mg sodium, 37.7g carbs, 6.1g fibre, 6.2g sugars, 12.4g protein
I've been an intermittent faster and a flexible dieter since 2012. I put together an entire system (an e-Book) that shows you how to make it work for your schedule, goals and eating personality. I call it the Fat Loss Fast System. It's a sustainable approach to eating. I really enjoy helping people who love the daily process ... people who love finding value in making choices that are right for their body. When it comes to body recomposition and fitness, I believe that fixation on the endgame is the reason why people become so disappointed and end up throwing in the towel. My passion is teaching you how to love the daily process. That's the secret to long-term success!