Hey Cookie Monsters!
Zillions of bodybuilders and fitness models have the following in their meal plan:
- rolled oats
- almond butter
- whey protein
So why not combine all of these ingredients and make warm and chewy cookies?
Just look at them!!!
These are awesome because they are:
- High in protein
- Low in Sugar
- Only 5 ingredients
Place the following into a bowl:
- 1 scoop of BSN ISOBURN Whey (vanilla ice cream flavour).
- 3/4 cup of gluten-free rolled oats.
- 1 TBSP of nut butter. Feel free to use all natural peanut butter or almond butter.
- 5 g (that would be 1 tsp) of raw cacao nibs. You can substitute with >70% dark chocolate chips.
- Dash of cinnamon
- Sweeten with 1 TBSP Walden Farms Calorie Free/Sugar Free Pancake Syrup. You could substitute with vanilla stevia, luo han guo, or vanilla extract.
- Add a sparing amount of water whilst mixing the abovementioned ingredients. Don’t add too much water. You want to end up with a "dense protein boulder".
- Dehydrate at 95-105 degrees until dry on the outside and moist on the inside. I left mine in my dehydrator for 4 and 1/2 hours.
- If you don't eat them all, store them in an air tight container.
- I was able to make 7 cookies using these quantities. Feel free to make bigger or smaller cookies.
What if you don't have a food dehydrator and you don't want to buy one?
- Use your oven at the lowest temperature setting possible (100 to 150 degrees)
- Place the cookies onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
- Place into the oven and keep the door open. Use a fan if your oven has one (to minimize condensation)
- You don't have to leave it in the oven as long as you would in the dehydrator. Check after 1 to 2 hours.
- calories: 309, fat: 17.2g, saturated fat: 3g, cholesterol: 10mg, sodium: 199.4 mg, carbohydrates: 60.6 g, fiber: 13.5g, NET CARBS: 47.1, sugars: 5.1 g, protein: 34.8 g
- calories: 43.7, fat: 2.5g, saturated fat: 0.4 g, cholesterol: 1.4 mg, sodium: 28.5 mg, carbohydrates: 8.7 g, fiber: 1.9 g, NET CARBS: 6.8 g, sugars: 0.7 g, protein: 5 g