The Family Birthday Cake
This is a family secret! I had to twist mom's arm to share this recipe with you! My late Grandma (dad's mom) used to make this cake for my dad's birthday every year. When my parents married, my Grandma taught my mother the recipe.
My mom made this cake for my birthday. I posted the photo on social media, which prompted multiple requests for mom to share this recipe.
It's not the typical recipe I post on my website. Normally my recipes are high in protein and low in sugar. But, if you are following my Fat Loss Fast System, this recipe would be great for your daily discretionary calories. Furthermore, it's surprisingly low in calories!
Preheat Your Oven
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Angel Food Cake non-stick fluted pan
- serrated knife (extra long)
- electric mixer
- 1 package of Angel Food Cake Mix
- 1 & 1/4 cup water
- 2 packages of Dream Whip
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 oz semi-sweet Baker's Chocolate
- 1 tsp butter
- For 1/12th of cake (1 slice): 191 calories, 8.3g fat, 2.8g saturated fat, 9.4mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 26.5g carbs, 0.33g fibre, 16.6g sugar, 2.65g protein
- For the entire cake: 2292 calories, 100g fat, 34g saturated fat, 112.6mg cholesterol, 1056.4mg sodium, 317.9g carbs, 4g fibre, 198.7g sugars, 31.8g protein
I strongly recommend you watch the video recipe. There are a lot of secret tricks that mom shares. It's really easy for this cake to FLOP, literally... so watch the video so yours won't FLOP!
If you want to stop dieting, ... then check out my Fat Loss Fast System. It's my common sense approach to eating because your diet shouldn't be a full-time job and it shouldn't cause anxiety. You can also sign up for my free intermittent fasting tutorials here.