I make this recipe all the time! Chicken can get very boring very fast. This gives it a nice zip! Plus you benefit from the high fibre content of the black beans.
I present 2 options for this recipe: either your Oven or your Slow Cooker
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
Place the following into an oven friendly glass dish.
- 2 uncooked skinless chicken breasts (I used smaller sized breasts, so when cooked, this is ~8oz)
- 1/2 cup black beans (no sodium added)
- 1 cup of sliced bell peppers (any colour is fine … or use your favourite veggies)
- 10 sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup salsa (try to find a lower sodium option)
- 1/4 cup Shredded Skim Cheese or 1/4 cup Daiya Dairy Free Cheese or 2-3 TBSP nutritional yeast
- Season with black pepper, your favourite seasoning, etc.
Place it into the oven for 30-35 minutes (depending on your oven, you may need more or less time).
Another option is to use your Crock Pot (Slow Cooker).
This is easy! Just dump the ingredients into your slow cooker (I Crock Pot Liners. so it's easy to clean up) and I used the high setting for about 4 hours (I checked it periodically). Just follow the instructions for your slow cooker. Here's a peek inside my crock pot!
For half of the recipe (ie. 1/4 cup black beans, 4 oz chicken, 1/8 cup Daiya, 1/2 cup red peppers, 1/2 cup green peppers, 5 cherry tomatoes, 1/4 cup of salsa)
- calories: 277, fat: 5.6g, saturated fat: 1.1g, cholesterol: 75mg, sodium: 643.6mg, carbohydrates: 26.5g, fiber: 8.4g, net carbs: 18.1g, sugars: 9.5g, protein: 31.7g
- My Intermittent Fasting Tutorials: get them for free at StartFastingToday.com
- Substituting high calorie junk food with my "cheat clean" recipes can prevent you from over-consuming high calorie junk food. This is a great strategy for preventing weight gain.Try my approach, and you will be shocked how effortless it is to lose fat and maintain your weight, without having to slash your calories, demonize food (or fruit), or eat tiny portions. So if you want to put an end to yo-yo dieting all while satisfying your daily cravings ... then check out my Fat Loss Fast System.
- If you are strapped for time, and need 10-minute home workouts that use minimal equipment, then I invite you to join my 30-Day Igniter Home Workout Program. What is the 30-Day Igniter? It's my 10-minute HOME video workout program. It combines strength training, jump rope training and pilates. I teach you how to breathe during your workouts, how to activate your muscles (including your pelvic floor), how to move within your current mobility, and most importantly, mindset training! This is a mind and body transformation. All I need from you is 10 minutes a day for the next 30 days