Time to Get Your Butt in Gear!
My inbox was flooded with requests for a booty workout. So here you go!
This is a total body high intensity interval circuit, with emphasis on the booty! Total body interval circuits increase metabolic demand because they make your body work at a higher intensity. Metabolic workouts are the most effective way to burn calories (both during and AFTER your workout) and boost your metabolism, which means you will get leaner and stronger faster. But there is a catch: if you want to see changes in your physique, then you will have to exercise at 95-100% of your maximum capacity (i.e. "go all out", "go as fast as you can", "lift as heavy as you safely can"). In other words, you have to leave your comfort zone, which is why I lift heavy and include plenty of explosive exercises (e.g. star jumps, jump rope, squat jumps). You shouldn't be looking happy when you do these workouts.
Remember, heavy lifting (because muscle burns calories) and interval training are only part of the fat-burning equation. Diet is number one. Check out my healthy recipes to see what I eat.
- Gymboss Interval Timer
- kettlebell (I used 25 lbs)
- Shock-absorbing surface, such as interlocking floor mats. I did the workout on my plush living room carpet.
- Dr. Sara Solomon Cross Speed Jump Rope by Buddy Lee Jump Ropes
- Click here to learn how to determine your correct jump rope length.
- Stability Ball
- Dumbbells (I used 3 pounds)
Always a Must!
- Read my workout rules before you begin!
Drink your BCAAs!
Stay hydrated with water.
Today’s Video Workout:
Set your gymboss timer for: 30 seconds WORK, 10 seconds REST. This circuit consists of 10 exercises. Perform the circuit 3 times (which takes ~ 20 minutes). I performed it 4 times (~27 minutes) and found it to be very challenging. Let me know how many rounds you do.
- Sumo Squats with Kettlebells (I used two 25 pound KB's)
- Jump Squats
- Dead Lifts (I used two 25 pound KB's)
- Half Burpee with Dead Lift (I used a 25 pound KB)
- Ball Hamstring Curl
- Break Dancer Planks
- Two-Handed Kettlebell Swing (I used a 25 pound KB)
- Star Jumps
- Jump Rope (High Step)
- X-Foot Cross Jumping Jacks (I used 3 pound dumbbells)
Do the workout with me! Just click on the video: