Work Smarter, Not Harder:
Today's Workout is 20 minutes. It may be short, but it sure is INTENSE! And it targets your entire body!
Prelude & Fugue:
This workout is the "FUGUE" to last week's "PRELUDE". Last week I taught you my 10-minute jump rope drills.
Bach knew what he was doing when he wrote his preludes and fugues. The two go together like copy and paste.
On that musical note, I performed workout #9 immediately before diving into workout #10. It took 30 minutes. You don't have to do this, nor do you have to do them back to back. I am passionate about the sport of rope jumping, which is why I jump rope daily (it's my 10 minute warm-up). And the best part? Jump rope is inexpensive and portable! I even travel with my Dr. Sara Solomon Cross Speed Jump Rope! So jump on the bandwagon today! Remember: Practice is the key to developing endurance and proficiency, and will enable you to reap the most benefits from jump rope training.
Always a Must!
- Read my workout rules before you begin!
Drink your BCAAs!
Stay hydrated with water.
- A Gymboss Interval Timer
- A laptop, smart phone, or tablet (to play this workout video)
- Shock-absorbing surface, such as interlocking floor mats.
- Dumbbells (I used 12 pound hex dumbbells: hex so they won't roll on the floor. I also recommend rubber coated dumbbells so they won't ruin your floor!)
- A Kettlebell (I used a 25 pound kettlebell)
- A Sandbag (I filled mine with 40 pounds of sand: I pre-meausred 10 pounds of sand into 6 ziploc bags. That way I can adjust the weight of my sandbag from 10 to 60 pounds).
Set your gymboss timer for: 40 seconds WORK, 10 seconds REST. This circuit consists of 6 different compound resistance exercises. Perform the circuit 4 times, which takes ~20 minutes.
- Four Up/Downs into Four Jumping Jack Planks
- Squat Thrusters (ie. Dumbbell Squat to Shoulder Press). I used 12-pound DBs.
- Dumbbell Burpee Push-up into One-Armed Rows (right, then left) into 3 Standing Lateral Deltoid Raises. (I used 12 pound DBs).
- Four Sumo Squats (holding a KB between the legs) into Four 2-handed Kettlebell Swings. (I used a 25-pound KB)
- Sandbag Straight-Legged Deadlift into a bent-over Row. (I used 40 pounds in my sandbag)
- Four Reptile Push-ups with a roll into Four V-Ups
Do the workout with me! Just click on this video. And yes, Taz makes another appearance as my "purrrsonal trainer".