I cannot be trusted with a jar of Nutella. That's why I only buy Nutella once in the blue moon ... to prevent Nutellabetes.
My goal was to use this legendary substance to make low-calorie cookies ... you know, cookies for fitness-minded people who want to eat Nutella Cookies and still look good naked.
That's where the food dehydrator comes into the equation.
These cookies are extraordinarily tasty. Thanks Nutella!
I bought an Excalibur food dehydrator years ago, but never used it. I've recently started using it because I was feeling guilty about not feeling guilty about not using it. Besides ...
Wanna feel fancy? Then dehydrate your grapes into raisins and your bananas into banana chips. Wanna prevent salmonella poisoning? Then make cookies in the dehydrator. No eggs are required so go ahead and eat the cookie dough.
- 2 cups rolled oats (I used Bob's Red Mill 5 Grain Rolled Hot Cereal)
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 6 TBSP Nutella
- 1/2 scoop BSN Syntha-6 Edge Peanut Butter Cookie Protein Powder
- 2 TBSP semi-sweet mini chocolate chips (yes, mini because you don't want a big melted mess).
- Toss the oats into a food processor and mix thoroughly.
- Then add 2 bananas, 4 TBSP Nutella and 1/2 scoop of protein powder and mix again. The batter shouldn't be runny.
- Then add 1 TBSP nutella and 1 TBSP of mini choco chips and pulse it for a few seconds.
- I used the 2 middle trays from my Excalibur 4-tray food dehydrator lined with a non-stick sheet (or parchment paper will work). I spooned the cookie dough onto the trays (9 cookies per tray). I melted 1 TBSP of Nutella in the microwave and drizzled it over the cookies. Then I topped the cookies more mini chocolate chips (for aesthetics).
- I dehydrated at 120 degrees for 3.5 hours. Dehydrating time will depend on how moist you want your cookies. You can store them in the fridge for 1-2 weeks. Or you can freeze them.
Makes 18 cookies. 1 cookie is 98 calories, 3g fat, 0.9g saturated fat, 1.8mg cholesterol, 7.7mg sodium, 16g carbs, 2.3g fibre, 6.1g sugars, 3.1g protein
I've been an intermittent faster and a flexible dieter since 2012. I put together an entire system (an e-Book) that shows you how to make it work for your schedule, goals and eating personality. I call it the Fat Loss Fast System. It's a sustainable approach to eating. I really enjoy helping people who love the daily process ... people who love finding value in making choices that are right for their body. When it comes to body recomposition and fitness, I believe that fixation on the endgame is the reason why people become so disappointed and end up throwing in the towel. My passion is teaching you how to love the daily process. That's the secret to long-term success!