Congratulations to Angie Grant! She joined my season1 60 Day $4000 Transformation Challenge and placed 2nd in my "Pimp Your Salad" Recipe Contest! If you want to see the salad that placed 1st, click here.
The 60 Day $4000 Transformation Challenge consists of an amazing group of individuals on a mission to lose fat and gain muscle using my Fat Loss Fast System. If you missed out on joining the challenge, you can sign up here to be notified when the next challenge starts.
Here's Angie's Recipe:
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 4 cups green leaf lettuce
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 12 cherry tomatores
- 1/2 cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- 4 TBSP Mrs. Dash no sodium Taco Seasoning
- 8 TBSP nonfat Greek Yogurt
- Crock Pot (slow cooker)
Makes 4 servings:
- Place 4 skinless/boneless chicken breasts (~6oz each) into a crockpot with 1/2 cup of salsa and 4 TBSP Taco Seasoning. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Use 2 forks to shred chicken once it's fully cooked.
Once the chicken is ready, place the following onto 4 plates:
- 1 cup green leaf lettuce
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped red cabbage
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1 shredded chicken breast (1/4 of the chicken obtained from the crock pot)
- 1/8 cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- 2 TBSP nonfat Greek yogurt (refer to the photo to see how to dollop it onto the salad in a pretty arrangement)
- 1/4 of an avocado (sliced)
- 1 TBSP salsa (place it on the centre of the salad, as seen in the photo).
For 1 serving: Calories: 385, fat: 11.4 g, saturated fat: 2.4g, cholesterol: 169.6mg, sodium: 356.2mg, carbohydrates: 22.9g, fiber: 6.4g, sugars: 8.4g, protein: 51.5g