Happiness is the infection everyone wants to catch!
I want to live my life feeling happy, regardless of my situation or the people around me. I want to share my happiness with others. I believe happiness is contagious, and I'm on a mission to spread it everywhere!
So I decided to be proactive. I just took a course called, "Happiness is in the D.E.T.A.I.L.S" by Chris Scappatura of Contagious Enthusiasm Inc.
I told Chris about my blog. I explained to him that my mission is to "take the hell out of healthy". Life is too short to be living in a gym, avoiding restaurants, cooking every 2-3 hours, feeling hungry all the time or demonizing food. It turns out that being lean, healthy, strong and balanced is neither complicated nor time consuming. Contrary to popular belief, it does not require a gym membership, hours of daily exercise or a meal plan.
I realize my blog is missing one vital ingredient in the health equation. HAPPINESS. I want to address this topic because I have witnessed far too many people spending their limited time on earth being unkind and negative. So let's work together (with the help of Chris) to overcome negativity because life is too short to be negative and unkind.
Can Chris and I make a difference in this world? Yes. I believe we can. Chris told me his favourite expression, "small hinges swing big doors".
Who is Chris Scappatura & Why is he so Happy?
Watch the video - our enthusiasm, positive energy and massive smiles will make you instantly happy. Be like us. Spread the happiness!
Happiness is a Choice
Chris' Golden Nuggets:
Chris was kind enough to let me share his top "golden nuggets" with you. What are you going to do with these golden nuggets? Chris says, "You're going to change your life!".
- When you wake up, you need to check your pulse and remind yourself, "Hey, I'm still alive. That means you get another chance to make a great impression on life. We all get 24 hours, but some of us use it better than others.
- It's ALL your choice. Every action and reaction starts with you. Choose wisely.
- Smile at yourself in the mirror in the morning. Once you've mastered that, then start smiling at everyone you see!
- Take the time to appreciate everything.
- Stop complaining about everything or anything.
- Be more proactive instead of reactive.
- When you decide to make a change in your life, tell everybody. They will be your accountability buddies.
Chris' Profound Conclusions:
- START creating your own HAPPINESS by focusing on each DETAIL in your life that produces positive lasting change.
- LET GO or delegate negative events and people but have TOLERANCE for those you love.
- Your attitude should always be "I make possible" rather than "impossible".
- Stop using excuses to get you by one more day. Every EXCUSE you give yourself will be right. You'll make it so.
- A fantastic way to go through life is to be happy.
Thank you Chris for letting me share your gift of happiness with others. I'm so glad I met you and your adorable wife, Elisabeth.
I wanted to share my healthy ice cream recipe with Chris because I know ice cream is his favourite treat!
- Chocolate Soft Serve (With a Secret Ingredient)
Chris asked me to write down things I want to start doing differently. I told him I want to:
- Recognize as soon as I become negative so I can swiftly turn it into a positive
- Be happy. I'm going to put on a happy face—even if I don't feel like it—because it actually induces greater happiness!
- Spread happiness
- Acknowledge happiness in others
Write down what you want to start doing differently. Tell people so you will be accountable. In fact, write it in the comments section of this post so I'll be your accountability buddy. Let's make a difference. Let's leave this world a better place than when we entered it.
Join my Quest for Kindness
Thank you to everyone who shares their positive energy on my Facebook Page, Sara Solomon - Fitness Page. I randomly reward people who are kind to others on my facebook page with free Quest Nutrition Products from Bodybuilding.com. So join my QUEST FOR KINDNESS!
Final Quotes & Thoughts
A healthy attitude is contagious but don't wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier. -Tom Stoppard
Listen to people. People feel loved when you listen to them. And don’t just listen with your ears. Listen with your heart.
SMILE. It creates a happier mood. Smiling is one of the strongest messages of goodwill at your command.
Greet everyone you see. This will make people feel that they have been noticed and accepted in their environment.
Live a good life. In the end it is not the years in a life, but the life in the years. ? Abraham Lincoln
How are YOU making a difference in the word? Be the change you wish to see in the world!
Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't" -Bill Nye
Life is about the people you meet
Life isn't just about what you can have; it's about what you have to give. What kind of person do you want to be? -Oprah
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give. - Winston Churchill
If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and then make a change. – Michael Jackson
The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.
- My article, Are You Mean?
- Get my FREE healthy recipes sent to your inbox here
- Get my FREE 20-minute high intensity resistance training live video HOME & HOTEL ROOM workouts here
- Learn about my dietary approach (Intermittent Fasting) here