Give this delicious high protein, high fibre egg bake a try tonight! It's packed with healthy vegetables to help keep you full longer. And if you make it, post a picture of it on your Instagram and tag me @DrSaraSolomon so I can see it! ♥️
- 1 package of kale slaw (or broc slaw)
- 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ~1/2 cup of sliced bell peppers
- 2.5 cups sliced cremini or white mushrooms
- 1.5 TBSP milk of choice
- 6 eggs
- ~1 cup Light Mozzarella Cheddar Cheese Shreds
- seasoning of choice (pepper, etc)
Recipe (Makes 8 servings)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray a glass baking pan with non-stick cooking spray thoroughly
- Sautee your mushrooms in a skillet. If you don't they are really watery and ruin your egg bake.
- Steam your Kale or broc slaw in the microwave (just follow the instructions on the package)
- Evenly sprinkle the kale slaw over the bottom of the dish.
- Every sprinkle the mushrooms, peppers, cherry tomatoes. (Note you can use your favourite veggies, or whatever is in your fridge!)
- Season with pepper and your favourite seasoning.
- Lightly whisk 6 eggs and the milk in a dish. Then evenly pour the eggs over the top.
- Evenly sprinkle the shredded cheese on top
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until the eggs are set and the top is lightly golden browned.
- Serve immediately (when warm and fresh). You can keep the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days.
I eat 2 pieces (1/4 of recipe), and refrigerate the left overs.
- For 1/8 of recipe: calories 113, fat: 6g, saturated fat 2.9g, cholesterol 131.4mg, sodium 132.7mg, carbohydrates: 6g, fibre: 1.6g, sugars 2.8g, protein 9.7g
- For 1/4 of recipe: calories 226, fat: 12g, saturated fat 5.9g, cholesterol 262.9mg, sodium 265.5mg, carbohydrates: 12g, fibre: 3.2g, sugars 5.5g, protein 19.4g
- For the entire recipe: calories 905, fat: 48g, saturated fat 23.4g, cholesterol 1051.5mg, sodium 1061.8mg, carbohydrates: 48.1g, fibre: 12.9g, sugars 22.1g, protein 77.6g
Is Your Diet Practical?:
I've been an intermittent faster and a flexible dieter since 2012 (I was born in January 1978, so I've tried nearly every diet under the sun). I put together an entire system (an e-Book) that shows you how to make your diet work with your schedule, goals and eating personality. It's a maintainable approach to eating that makes you feel like a winner instead of a tormented failure. It works in real life. My passion is teaching you how to love the daily process because consistency is the secret to long-term success!