DO IT NOW!
WW stands for Written Workout. Print it, or screen capture it with your phone, and go do it!
HOTEL ROOM WORKOUT:
Thanks to conveniently quick HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) workouts and portable gym equipment (resistance bands and jump ropes), you never have to miss a workout, even when you travel! I did this exact workout in my tiny little cruise ship room.
Don’t turn your nose up at a flimsy little elastic tube. Don’t assume the big dumbbells are superior. When you engage in resistance band strength training, the length-tension curve of the musculature you are training is always matched. Furthermore, the resistance increases as the range of motion increases (ie. as you stretch the band). This is the best way to activate more muscle fibres and thereby increase strength. In plain English, the resistance band provides CONSTANT TENSION to your muscles. Free weights can’t do that because they rely on gravity to provide resistance.
- A Timer
- Shock-absorbing surface, such as interlocking floor mats
- A Resistance Band
- A Dr. Sara Solomon Cross Speed Jump Rope by Buddy Lee Jump Ropes. It’s portable and inexpensive. I always travel with mine!
Exercise Technique Review:
- Step-by-step Jump Rope Progressions –> video demonstration.
- Seated Back Rows with resistance band –> video demonstration.
- Shoulder Resistance Band exercises --> video demonstration.
- Foam Roll –> video demonstration
Always a Must!
Read my workout rules before you begin!
Drink your BCAAs!
Stay hydrated with water.