This taco's got the works and it's loaded with protein so it's perfect for anyone following my Fat Loss Fast System. I give it 10/10 on the TACOmeter.
I was an carbophobe from 2009 until July 2013. Why? Because I did what I was told without thinking critically.
I’ve been eating bread since 2014 and nothing has happened to me. Why not? Because I fit it into my calories and macros and I’m maintaining my lean physique… except I’m happy! I’m eating bread!
Thanks to my Fat Loss Fast System of intermittent fasting and flexible dieting, I’m happy and lean!
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F
Make the chicken:
- Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray
- Cook extra lean ground chicken over medium heat
- Once cooked, measure 4 oz of chicken into a bowl. Place the rest in the fridge.
- Season with black pepper, hot chili pepper flakes, or your favourite seasonings.
Make the taco bowl:
- Spray a "Perfect Tortilla Pan" with non-stick cooking spray
- Mold one P28 Flat Bread or Flat-out Bread into the pan (see photo). I like these brands because they contain protein.
- Using scissors, cut off the excess flat bread (see photo)
- Cut the extra pieces into triangles if you want to make them into tortilla chips. Lay them flat on a cookie sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray … and spray the top sides of the tortillas too.
- Place both the taco bowl & the cookie sheet in the oven for 4 minutes and then turn the oven off… just leave them in the oven for another 3-4 supervised minutes until they are crispy (don’t burn them!)
Fill the taco bowl:
- Remove the taco bowl from the pan and load it with:
- 1/2 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 4 chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 serving (= 1/8 cup) of Skim Cheese Shreds or Daiya Dairy Free Pepperjack Cheese Shreds
- 1 TBSP of guacamole (I buy mine pre-made, such as Garden Fresh Gourmet Mild Guacamole)
- Season with pepper, hot chili pepper flakes, Mrs Dash (Fiesta Lime Flavour), etc.
- calories 530, fat: 23.6g, saturated fat: 12.3g, cholesterol:85.5mg, sodium: 685.1mg, carbohydrates: 36.1g, fiber: 8.7, sugars: 7.2g, protein: 50g
Are you bReady to outsmart dieting?
If you want to learn how you can manipulate your tendency to overeat in a way that does not sabotage your fat loss ... so you can finally put an end to yo-yo dieting, look consistently awesome and satisfy your daily cravings ... then check out my Fat Loss Fast System. I explain exactly how I approach my diet so that I can eat my favourite foods without getting fat (or feeling even an ounce of guilt)!