Today's Total Body HiiT workout features a very special guest! MY MOMMY! Oh, and Taz (my beloved flame-point siamese cat, who sadly passed away in 2015). We filmed this on my 36th birthday (January 25th, 2014). That's why we did 36 reps per exercise! Thank goodness I'm not 80 years old! I wrote the exercises on little pieces of paper and tossed them into a box. Mom randomly selected the exercises from the box while the workout was in session. SO FUN! Oh, and very challenging!
- Shock-absorbing surface, such as interlocking floor mats.
- Dumbbells (I used 12 pound dumbbells)
- A Kettle Bell (I used a 25 pound one)
- A Dr. Sara Solomon Cross Speed Jump Rope by Buddy Lee Jump Ropes. It’s portable and inexpensive. I always travel with mine!
- I like to drink BCAAs. Click here to read why.
Keep this circuit mega-INTENSE; otherwise, you are not going to benefit from metabolism-boosting effects of HIIT. Maximize fat-burning by doing this workout fasted as soon as you wake up … and stay fasted for at least 2 hours after the workout (you can drink your BCAAs). Increase the intensity by lifting the heaviest weights you safely can. Remember, you want to lift weights because muscle burns calories! The more muscle you have, the more calories you will burn.
This workout consists of 2 rounds. Set your timers for 5 minutes/round. MINIMIZE YOUR REST PERIODS BETWEEN EXERCISES (~10 seconds). If you are new to training, try doing both rounds for 10 minutes. If you are more advanced, repeat both rounds for a total of 20 minutes.
- Jump Rope 36 seconds
- Reverse Curtsy Lunges with DB Biceps Curls - 36 total reps
- Jump Rope 36 seconds
- Squat Jumps - 36 reps
- Squat & Drops (KB) … as many as you can before the buzzer goes off (ideally 36).
- DB Power Laterals (18 R arm, 18 L arm)
- Plank Alternating Leg Raises - 36 total reps
- Triceps Push-ups (36 reps). I did it from the knees. If you can, do it from the toes.
- Squat & Drops (KB) … as many as you can before the buzzer goes off (ideally 36)
Do the workout with me! Just click on the video and GO!
p.s. To learn more about my intermittent fasting program, go StartFastingToday.com. They are free tutorials. Yes, FREE! And you can unsubscribe if you are not happy (but you will be!). It's worked for over 10,000 of my customers!