Today's Quick Workout:
Super Cut Shoulders Circuit!
I like to perform high intensity circuits because
- It saves time! These workouts only take 15-25 minutes max!
- Although my workouts are short, I keep them intense by lifting heavy weights and never stopping to rest.
- This is more convenient for my hectic schedule. Would you rather work “uber intensely” for 20 minutes or waste 2 hours of your precious time doing long boring slow workouts that will slow your metabolism over time? Yes, that was indeed a rhetorical question.
- I can easily do them at home, which facilitates early morning exercising. I just roll out of bed and do my quick circuit. Then I'm off to work. You can see in these videos I don't even bother putting on make-up or doing my hair. Most of the time, I exercise in my underpants because putting on exercise clothes wastes time.
- I'm going to be honest: I had a gym membership, but never went to the gym because it was too inconvenient to wake up 1.5 hours earlier to pack my gear, make myself look decent, drive there, hunt for downtown parking (which would cost $20), wait around for equipment, unsuccessfully avoid people who wanted to socialize, and then drive home. I wasted a ton of money paying for a gym membership I never used, which I refer to as paying "fat tax". Are you paying "fat tax"? If you are, then I suggest you quit your gym, and with the money you save, pick up some portable home gym equipment. It's amazing how much your compliance will improve if you start doing stimulating short workouts first thing in the morning in the comfort of your own home. Click to read my home gym ideas.
- Research demonstrates it’s the most effective way to boost the metabolism and burn fat. That’s right! Work smarter, not harder by combining your strength training and cardio session into one short but intense muscle building and fat-blasting workout. A University of New South Wales study found that the women who did anaerobic high intensity interval training burned fat at a rate 3 times higher than those doing aerobic exercises!
- lighter dumbbells (I used 5 lbs and 9 lbs)
- heavier dumbbells (I used 20 lbs)
- a kettlebell (I used 25 lbs)
- an exercise bench or a chair
Always a Must!
- Read my workout rules before you begin!
Drink your BCAAs!
Stay hydrated with water.
Exercise Demonstration Video:
Watch the Exercise Demonstration Video BEFORE clicking on the Home Workout Video. This is IMPORTANT for injury prevention!
Real Time Workout Video:
Get Ready! Do the workout with me live! I found this workout to be VERY challenging. My shoulders were ON FIRE!
I tried it earlier this week, and I performed 4 rounds, which took me 20 minutes.
In this video, I performed 3 rounds, which took me 15 minutes. I wasn't sure if I could upload a 20-minute video onto youtube, but it turns out I can, so next time I'll be sure to video all 4 rounds!
Let me know how you fare.