Congratulations to Kelly Kloss! She joined my fall 60 Day Transformation Challenge and placed 1st in my "Slow Cooker" Recipe Contest!
- If you want to see the recipe that placed 2nd, click here.
The 60 Day Transformation Challenge has nearly 200 participants who are sharing in the journey of losing fat using my intermittent fasting, flexible dieting and HiiT Home Workout Program. If you missed out on joining the fall challenge, you can still get the program that Kelly and the others are using here.
Here's Kelly's Recipe:
- Crock Pot (slow cooker)
Recipe: (serves 4)
Spaghetti Squash is a healthy alternative to noodles for spaghetti.
Step 1: Cook 1 spaghetti squash alone in the slow cooker (yields ~6 cups)
- Prick the outside of the squash 10 times and place in a slow cooker with 1/2 cup water.
- Cook on high for 2.5 hours (or until it's soft).
- Remove squash. Place on cutting board. Once cooled (~15 min), cut the squash in half lengthwise. Scoop the seeds from the cavity and discard them. Shred the flesh from the skin with a fork to make the strands. Place in a strainer to drain excess moisture. Blot dry.
- Place the strands into a bowl and place in the fridge.
Step 2: Place the following into a slow cooker for 6-8 on low.
- 1 pound (16 oz) extra lean ground beef
- 1 can (14.5oz) Hunts diced tomato (no salt added)
- 1/4 cup pesto sauce
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- Reheat the spaghetti squash in the microwave
- Divide the squash into 4 bowls (~1.5 cups per bowl)
- Place 1/4 of the contents in the slow cooker on top of the squash in each bowl.
- optional: top with basil and parmesan cheese (not included in macros).
For 1 serving (makes 4 servings): Calories: 277, fat: 9.4 g, saturated fat: 2.4g, cholesterol: 67.5mg, sodium: 205.6mg, carbohydrates: 26g, fiber: 6.1g, sugars: 9.5g, protein: 28.4g
Need to Lose Fat?
Don't you just hate it when you work hard to shed fat, but all you end up doing is spinning your wheels?