I hate fish...except for sole. Sole is fishalicious. Let's call it the "sole exception".
My Recipe Rocks:
My recipe makes fish less gross because it:
- Tastes good in the mouth
- Generates a LARGE serving but is low carb & low calorie (it applies the principle of volumetrics)
- The Volumetrics diet is based on the principle that eating low-calorie foods (eg. vegetables) makes you feel full and thereby aids in weight loss. Since these foods are high in fiber and water, you can eat generous portions without feeling deprived or hungry. So go ahead and eat your vegetables! Another great trick is to begin your meal with a salad or a low-sodium broth-based soup: this will make you feel full, causing you to consume less calories over the course of your meal. It’s relatively easy to adhere to a volumetrics diet over the long haul because you will never feel deprived.
- Is high in Protein
- Is gluten free, dairy free, soy free, insect free, etc
- Will help you get lean/ripped/shredded.... provided you don't eat a caloric surplus of crap for your remaining meals.
The more fish & veggies I eat, the more my abs POP:
Step 1: Prepare the Salad by combining the following in a large bowl:
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 TBSP mashed avocado (I used pre-made guacamole...such as Wholly Guacamole or Garden Fresh). Mix this evenly into the spinach leaves.
- Note: I don't like salad dressing. Never did. This is why I used guacamole. You can use apple cider vinegar combined with olive oil, or use Walden Farms calorie free dressings.
- 1 cup sliced cumcumber
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 2 sliced medium strawberries
- 2 TBSP blueberries
- 4 sliced cherry tomatoes
Step 2: Cook your sole
- I used a skillet on medium heat (with PAM non-stick spray). It cooks really quickly so don't walk away from your stove top!
- Sometimes I'll use my digital steamer instead.
- Add your cooked sole to your salad
Step 3: Season
- I seasoned my salad with dill and black pepper.
For the entire salad (yep, I ate the whole thing!)
calories: 283, fat: 5.2g, saturated fat: 1.2g, cholesterol: 115.7mg, sodium: 286.2mg, carbohydrates: 13.9g, fiber: 4.1g, NET CARBS: 9.8 g, sugars: 5.8g, protein: 45.2g
=> Find detailed explanations of the ingredients used in this recipe in my Ingredient Encyclopaedia.