Today's Challenge: Create a high protein version of the Snickers® Peanut Butter Chocolate Bar.
- Snickers® released a new chocolate bar called, Snickers® Peanut Butter Squared.
- This bad boy consists of nougat, peanut butter, peanuts and fudge all enveloped in a layer of milk chocolate.
- It looks great, until you look at the ingredients and nutritional information: 24 g of sugar!
- Eating this chocolate bar would be the equivalent of eating 4 sugar cubes!
Place the following into a bowl:
- 1 TBSP of extra virgin coconut oil (EVCO): If necessary, liquify it in the microwave for 15 sec
- 1 TBSP of Chocolate PB2 (or regular)
- 1 scoop of BSN ISOBURN Chocolate Milkshake Whey
- 2 TBSP of Walden Farm's Calorie-Free Caramel Syrup
Mix the ingredients while adding a sparing amount of water until a very thick "goo" is achieved.
Pour the mixture into a small round dish (which has a layer of plastic wrap in it ... for ease of removal).
Place it into the freezer to set for 40-60 minutes.
Once set, remove it from the dish, peel away the plastic wrap and ENJOY!
- calories: 273, fat: 16.5g, saturated fat: 13.5g, cholesterol: 10mg, sodium: 315 mg, carbohydrates: 8g, fiber: 2.5 g, NET CARBS: 5.5 g, sugars: 3.5g, protein: 22g