Today's recipe is courtesy of my member, Sandy England.
Sandy joined my 2015 fall 60 DayTransformation Challenge and lost 10.4 pounds in 60 days using my intermittent fasting and flexible dieting program combined with my HiiT Home Workout Program. Are you next? Keep reading to learn how.
The 60 Day Transformation Challenge had nearly 200 participants (TeamSS) who shared in their journey of losing fat, building lean muscle and cultivating a healthy relationship with food. There were tons of fun challenges with great prizes, including the grand prize of $2500! If you missed out on joining the fall challenge, you can still get the program that Sandy and the others are using here. Be sure to follow me on Facebook and sign up for my free intermittent fasting emails so you will be notified when the next challenge starts!
Here's Sandy's Recipe. It's great for the soul and sick family members!
- Crock Pot (slow cooker)
- 2.5 cups uncooked Muscle Pasta (Spinach Edition by Harry P. Fitness). It has 30g protein per serving.
- 3 stalks medium celery, chopped
- 2 cups of carrots, peeled and chopped.
- 32 oz. (4 cups) chicken broth (no sodium added)
- 32 oz (4 cups) vegetable broth (no sodium added)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp crushed red chilli pepper flakes
- 4 uncooked skinless boneless chicken breast (~1.5 lbs or 24 oz)
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- pepper to taste
Recipe: (serves 8)
Sara's Version: I tweaked Sandy's recipe for people who like to "set it and forget it".
- Place the following into a 6 quart slow cooker: uncooked chicken breasts, carrots, onion, celery, garlic, olive oil, thyme, bay leaves, crushed red chili pepper flakes. Next, add the chicken and vegetable broth, season with pepper and red chilli pepper flakes.
- Stir everything together, cover and cook on LOW for ~6 hours
- Remove cooked chicken breasts and cut into bite sized pieces. Return the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Add the Pasta Noodles, cover and cook for ~5-10 minutes until the noodles are tender. You can also cook the noodles separately and then add them to the slow cooker.
- Remove bay leaves and serve.
Notes: Sandy used a whole chicken instead of boneless/skinless chicken breasts, a Dutch Oven to braise the chicken and veggies, and she used 2 TBSP of butter instead of olive oil. Here's are her directions:
- Braise the cut up dark meat chicken pieces in a Dutch Oven to get a nice golden color on the skin, then add to slow cooker.
- Braise carrots, celery, and onion in the Dutch Oven, then add to the slow cooker.
- Wrap the breast meat in tin foil before adding to the slow cooker to ensure the white meat retains its moistness.
- Add stock and remaining spices and cook for 4.5 hours on low heat.
- Remove chicken pieces and cool. Remove skin and bones, shred the chicken meat, and return shredded chicken to pot.
- Cook the noodles separately and add them to the slow cooker, and let cook for another five minutes. Remove bay leaves and add pepper as desired.
For 1 serving of Sara's version (makes 8 servings): Calories: 224, fat: 6 g, saturated fat: 0.9g, cholesterol: 88.5mg, sodium: 236.4mg, carbohydrates: 16g, fiber: 2.5g, sugars: 2.6g, protein: 27.4g
Join my Team (TeamSS)!
When it comes to fat loss, group support is the most highly proven method for success. That's why I urge you to join my TeamSS for a workout plan, recipes and motivation from like-minded individuals practicing my fasting and flexible dieting system. You will gain lean muscle, accountability, friendships, daily inspiration and so much more! Share this post with a friend and get them to join with you for added accountability!