Why have a conventional Orange Julius Shake, which has 106 grams of sugar and only 1 g of protein, when you could have my knock-off version? My version is the same quantity; however, it has 59% less calories, 98% less sugar and 94% more protein!
Place the following into a Magic Bullet or Blender:
- 2/3 scoop of BSN Syntha-6 Orange Smoothie Whey
- 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I recommend SILK brand because it's less calories.
- 1/2 cup of crushed ice
- 2 TBSP Walden Farms Marshmallow Dip (Calorie and Sugar free). It makes the shake "frothier". You can omit this step if you prefer. Other thickening options would be 2 TBSP of non fat Greek Yogurt, Xantham Gum or Glucomannan.
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Blend and Serve! Tastes exactly like Orange Julius!
(for the entire shake)
- calories: 169, fat: 6.6g, saturated fat: 1.6g, cholesterol: 40g, sodium: 291.8mg, carbohydrates: 8.4g, fiber: 2.7g, NET CARBS: 5.7g, sugars: 2.9g, protein: 15.4g
Compare this to the same size Orange Julius Shake
- calories: 410, fat: 0g, saturated fat: 0g, cholesterol: 0g, sodium: 55mg, carbohydrates: 110g, fiber: 0g,, sugars: 106g, protein: 1g
=> Find detailed explanations about the ingredients I used in this recipe by clicking on my Ingredient Encyclopedia!