Mushroom Onion Cheeseburger!
Notice I used 2 large portobello mushroom caps instead of refined white hamburger buns.
In a food processor, combine the following:
- 12 oz of extra lean ground chicken
- 2 TBSP of Organic Gluten-Free Whole Ground Golden Flaxseed Meal
- 1/2 cup of white onion chopped
- 1/4 cup of Daiya Cheese Shreds
- Salt-free seasoning of your choice, pepper, minced garlic
Process the ingredients. Make 4 patties. Preheat your non-stick skillet, which you can coat with Pam non-stick cooking spray.
- grill the 4 patties (flip to ensure both sides are cooked). Cut the center to ensure it is fully cooked.
->for 1 burger: 3 oz chicken
- calories: 238, fat: 12.3g, saturated fat: 8.5g, cholesterol: 64.1mg, sodium: 164.2mg, carbohydrates: 13.5 g, fiber: 5.6g, sugars: 5.3 g, protein: 22.7 g
Compare this to a conventional restaurant style mushroom onion cheeseburger:
- calories: 878, fat: 55 g, cholesterol: 157mg, sodium: 1208mg, carbohydrates: 44.8g, fiber: 2.3g, protein: 49.4g