Do It Now!
WW stands for Written Workout. Print it, or screen capture it with your phone, and go do it!
Your shoulders (deltoids) are made up of 3 heads:
- Anterior Head
- Located at the front of your shoulder
- It flexes your arm (raises your arm in front of you) and internally rotates your arm (it rotates your arm towards the midline of your body)
- Sample Exercise: dumbbell shoulder presses
- Middle Head
- Located at the side of your shoulder
- It abducts your arm (raises your arm out towards to side of your body)
- Sample Exercise: dumbbell side lateral raises
- Posterior Head
- Located at the back of your shoulder
- It extends your arm (lowers your arm behind you) and externally rotates your arm (it rotates your arm away from the midline of your body)
- Sample Exercise: rear deltoid flyes with resistance band
Here's a workout to help you build up all 3 heads of your shoulders!
- Use TabataTimer.com for your timer
- Shock-absorbing surface, such as interlocking floor mats
- A Bench
- A Resistance Band
- A RumbleRoller Foam Roller
- Various Dumbbells (I use 8, 10, 12, 15 and 20 pounds)
- A Dr. Sara Solomon Cross Speed Jump Rope by Buddy Lee Jump Ropes. It’s portable and inexpensive. I always travel with mine!
Exercise Technique Review:
Always a Must!
Read my workout rules before you begin! Always stretch and foam roll after your workout!
Drink your BCAAs!
Stay hydrated with water.