Save time by combining your strength training and cardio session into one short but intense workout.
Today we are doing a 20-minute metabolic workout. It alternates core & glutes strengthening with jump rope. You can do this at home because you only need a swiss ball and a jump rope!
It's important you strengthen your core musculature. A strong core will support your spine, protecting your from back injuries and pain. This is especially important for people who sit all day long on the job with slouched posture.
Always a Must!
- Read my workout rules before you begin!
Drink your BCAAs!
Stay hydrated with water.
- A Gymboss Interval Timer
- A laptop, smart phone, or tablet (to play this workout video)
- Shock-absorbing surface, such as interlocking floor mats or a plush carpet.
- A Swiss Ball
- A Dr. Sara Solomon Cross Speed Jump Rope by Buddy Lee Jump Ropes. It’s portable and inexpensive. I always travel with mine!
Set your gymboss timer for: 30 seconds WORK, 10 seconds REST. This circuit consists of 10 different exercises. Perform the circuit 3 times, which takes ~20 minutes. Note: I use the timer from tabatatimer.com in my videos.
- Ball Hamstring Curl
- Jump Rope – Twister
- Straight Leg Raise with Ball Between Feet
- Jump Rope: High Step
- Bridges using Ball
- Jump Rope: X-Foot Cross
- Alternating Toe Taps off Ball
- Jump Rope: Forward Shuffle
- Hip Extension off Ball
- Jump Rope: Bell Jump
Do the workout with me! Just click on this video.
Note: Remember to “pick up the pace”. Keep it intense. I am guilty of slowing down in this video when I talk. I also didn’t hustle fast enough between exercises. Make sure you do a better job than I did!