How Do you Like Your Coffee?
Coffee Crisp is a Canadian chocolate bar. It consists of alternating layers of vanilla wafer and foamed coffee-flavoured soft candy, covered with a milk chocolate outer layer. It's also available as "bites" and as ice cream!
The bad news: Coffee Crisp is high in sugar, fat and calories and devoid of fibre and protein. The good news: I made a low calorie, low sugar and high protein version of the Coffee Crisp Ice Cream! And it tastes exactly like Coffee Crisp! Look!
Before You Begin:
Step 1: Buy an Ice Cream Machine. I got mine at the rainforest place for ~$50 here. Best thing money can buy. I use mine ALL the time except when I don’t use it.
Place the following into a Magic Bullet or Blender:
- 1/2 scoop of BSN Syntha-6 Mochaccino Whey
- 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I recommend SILK brand because it’s less calories.
- 1/2 cup of crushed ice
- 2 TBSP Walden Farms Marshmallow Dip (Calorie and Sugar free). It makes the shake “creamier”. You can omit this step if you prefer. Other options would be 2 TBSP of low fat cottage cheese, Xantham Gum or Glucomannan.
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Blend and then add:
- 2 TBSP All Bran Buds Cereal
Add this mixture to your ice cream machine (turn the machine ON before adding the mixture). It takes about 15-20 minutes in the machine. Once it’s ready, turn off the machine and immediately remove the ice cream from the ice cream bowl.
(for the entire recipe)
- calories: 145, fat: 5.8g, saturated fat: 1.2g, cholesterol: 27.5g, sodium: 316.4mg, carbohydrates: 12g, fiber: 4.6g, NET CARBS: 7.4g, sugars: 2.1g, protein: 12.1g
Compare this to a Coffee Crisp Chocolate Bar:
- calories: 250, fat: 13g, saturated fat: 8.0g, cholesterol: 0g, sodium: 55mg, carbohydrates: 32g, fiber: 0g,, sugars: 25g, protein: 2g
Compare this to conventional Coffee Crisp Ice Cream (1 cup)
- calories: 320, fat: 16g, saturated fat: 14g, cholesterol: 50g, sodium: 110mg, carbohydrates: 40g, fiber: 0g,, sugars: 30g, protein: 2g
=> Find detailed explanations about the ingredients I used in this recipe by clicking on my Ingredient Encyclopedia!