COMFORT FOOD is now a CLEAN CHEAT thanks to Miracle Rice and Walden Farms Alfredo Sauce! Both of these products are calorie free!
Does cheese give your the squits? No worries! I offer dairy-free cheese options! Keep Reading...
1. Make the Chicken
If you don't know how to make chicken, then buy a roasted chicken in your grocery store. Otherwise, toss your chicken breast on the skillet or in the oven. Heck, you could even boil it.
2. Slap Everything in the Skillet
Dump all of this into your skillet (coated in PAM) on your stove top (medium heat):
- 1 bag Miracle Rice (Rinse the rice in a sieve first to annihilate the fishy flavour)
- 1 cup sliced Cremini or White Button Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup black beans (no salt added). Rinse off the gooey bean juice in a sieve first. I love black beans because they taste good and are high in fibre.
- 1/4 cup Walden Farms Calorie Free Alfredo Sauce
- 1/4 cup of Daiya Dairy Free Mozzarella Style Shreds (or you can use 1 TBSP nutritional yeast) … or skim cheese.
- 1 TBSP dehydrated onion flakes
- A dash of garlic flakes
- A dash of ground rainbow pepper corns (or just use black pepper)
- Add 6 oz of the cooked chicken last.
This makes a very large portion! I ate it all because YES!
- calories: 360, fat: 9.2g, saturated fat: 2g, cholesterol: 112.5mg, sodium: 615mg, carbohydrates: 24.5g, fiber: 10g, net carbs: 14.5g, sugars: 1.5g, protein: 45.5g
Compare this to the same size portion of Chicken Mushroom Risotto ordered in a restaurant:
- calories: 832, fat: 33g, saturated fat: 11.6g, cholesterol: 90.2mg, sodium: 1811mg, carbohydrates: 87.2g, fiber: 7.8g, net carbs: 79.4g, sugars: 6.4g, protein: 63g
=> Find detailed explanations about the ingredients I used in this recipe by clicking on my Ingredient Encyclopedia!