Get it? Let-Us = Lettuce! Bahahaha. Ok, I'll stop now. Or will I?
My chicken Lettuce Tacos are friggin awesome because they are:
- Fresh & crisp
- Incisable (is that a word? ... i.e. you can incise into them)
- Low carb
- High protein
- And unlike Taco Bell, these are not made with Grade F beef or Refried Bean Paste ... so you won't get a Taco Belly or the back door trots.
(For Version 2):
- Boil a Chicken Breast (Note: for making chicken salad, you get the best results by boiling the chicken).
- Spray a non-stick skillet with PAM non-stick cooking spray and cook 3/4 cup of sliced zucchini and 1/8 cup of Daiya Dairy Free Cheese Shreds
- In a food processor: add 5.5 oz of chicken, the cheesy zucchini and 3 cherry tomatoes: pulse to create the chicken salad. To overpulse it... you don't want a puree.
- Snap the stems off of 2 cups worth of Romaine Hearts. (I buy mine pre cut & washed to save time)
- Add the chicken salad to the Romain Hearts. These are your tacos! Enjoy
Note: I showcase 3 different versions to give you ideas! For example, try guacamole or tuna!
For Version 2:
- calories 254, fat: 6.3g, saturated fat: 1.1g, cholesterol:103.1mg, sodium: 262.9mg, carbohydrates: 12.5g, fiber: 3.5, NET CARBS: 9.5g, sugars: 6.7g, protein: 39.2g
=> Find detailed explanations about the ingredients I used in this recipe by clicking on my Ingredient Encyclopedia!
ps. Have YOU tried the P28 high protein bagels yet? YUM! I'm obsessed with these!!!