- I am so sick of eating broccoli. So I just made a guilt-free broccoli casserole. Dang.
- I don't want to sound like I'm tootin' my own farts again, but my broccoli casserole is the yummiest yum in existence. It's
- Dairy Free => meaning... you won't get dairyarrhea.
- Soy-Free => meaning... the soyaphobes don't have to worry about growing soyboobs. Soy Yeah.
- Rife with Fibre => meaning...it will help get your sh*t together.
- Laced with protein => meaning... it's laced with protein. Duh! Big Red Truck!
- Do you guys speak Solomonese yet?
Step 1: CHICKEN
- If you are lazy, buy your chicken breast already cooked. Cut it up into cubes or rectangles or isosceles triangles or fractyls or whatever shape beats your meat.
- Heat it up. Microwaves are fast and convenient clocks that cook stuff. Try that.
- Otherwise buy a skinless chicken breast & cook it (steam it, skillet it, ovenate it, or whatever helps you sleep at night).
- Dump the cooked chicken cubies into a big vessel. I only had 5.5 oz of chicken in my fridge, but you can add more to make this dish even more proteiny.
Step 2: Broccoli
- If you are lazy, buy one of those 12 oz (340 g) bags of broccoli florets you steam in the microwave for a few minutes .... I'm approxiguessing 3 minutes.
- If you are fancy, then buy a head of broccoli, wash it, cut it into florets, measure 4 cups and steam 'em. You have too much free time. I hate you.
- Dump the steamed broccoli into the big vessel.
Step 3: Make the Mushroom Goob-a-glob Sauce
- Buy Pre-sliced Mushrooms. I used cremini mushrooms because ...because the world is round.
- Wash the diarrhea-causing bacteria off the mushrooms. Pat 'em dry with paper towels.
- Spray Pam on a skillet. Skillet 4 cups of shrooms on medium heat for an undetermined amount of time (ie. until they are done).
- Dump your shrooms into a magic bullet with 1/2 cup of unsweetened original almond milk. Blenders, rev your engines.
- Congratulations, you just made cream of mushroom soup, minus all the sketchy ingredients, calories and fat.
- Dump the mushroom goob-a-glob sauce into the giant vessel.
Step 4: Add the Good Stuff
- Add 1/4 cup of Daiya Dairy Free Chedder Style Shreds
- Add 3 TBSP of GG Bran Sprinkles
- Add 1 TSP of dehydrated onion flakes (the crunch factor is awesome so screw cutting a regular onion)... plus it's faster.
- Season with black pepper, salt free Mrs. Dash, or whatever blanks your blank.
Step 5: Mix it all together with a spoon and EAT! It makes 4 servings. Store the rest in the fridge.
For 1/4 of recipe:
calories: 121, fat: 2.6g, saturated fat: 0.6g, cholesterol: 25.8mg, sodium: 153.3mg, carbohydrates: 11.1g, fibre: 3.8g, NET CARBS: 7.3 g, sugars: 2.8g, protein: 13.7g
=> Find detailed explanations about the ingredients I used in this recipe by clicking on my Ingredient Encyclopedia!