Before I became Fitler, I used to chow down on crackers (ie. crusty carbs) daily.
Now that I'm a flexible dieter, crackers are back in my diet. Phew!
That being said, I decided to whip up some low carb crackers...
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix the following by hand in a bowl to yield a moist dough:
- Place a silpat mat on a cookie sheet
- Divide the dough into 12 balls on the silpat mat
- Place a large piece of plastic wrap over the balls. Get a small glass (see photo) and press the bottom of the glass firmly over each cracker (press all the way down to the cookie sheet... yep, make them into little flat pancakes).
- Remove the plastic wrap.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove the cookie sheet and use your fingers to flip the crackers.
- Place in the oven for another 10 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Store in an airtight container. You can also freeze them.
This recipe yields 12 crackers
One Cracker is:
- calories 18, fat: 1g, saturated fat: 0.1g, cholesterol: 0, sodium: 4.3mg, carbohydrate: 1g, fiber: 0.5g, Net Carbs: 0.5g, sugars: 0.2g, protein: 1.2g
All 12 Crackers are:
- calories: 212, fat: 12g, saturated fat: 1g, cholesterol: 0, sodium: 51.1mg, carbohydrates: 12.2g, fiber: 5.5g, Net carbs: 6.7g, sugars: 2.9g, protein: 14.9g
To learn how to implement flexible dieting, check out my Fat Loss Fast System and watch the video below.