I love crackers. They are very tasty, especially when cheesified.
Before I became Fitler, I used to chow down on crackers (ie. crusty carbs) daily:
- In university, I would eat an entire box of Wheat Thins when studying.
- FYI: Wheat Thins are baked crackers that taste so damn good they can actually make you undepressed.
- As a kid, I used to eat an entire box of Cheese Nips when watching the Price is Right on t.v.
- FYI: Cheese Nips are a type of cheddar cheese cracker manufactured by Kraft.
One of the hardest things for me to give up was CRACKERS because I'm crackers for crackers! Nevertheless, I begrudgingly gave 'em up because my body started forming layers of fat on my back resembling sausage rolls.
Holy Buckets of Cheese & Crackers! On June 15, 2013, I invented VERY LOW CARB crackers! OMG OMG and they are so insanely amazing they are beyond emotion. I guess that makes me a Cheese Wiz. And we all know Cheese Whiz adds personality. Just saying.
That concludes my rant. Presenting the crackers:
Cheese Crackers are awesome because they are:
- Uber Low Carb (0.5 g Net Carbs per cracker)
- Virtually Sugar Free (0.2 g sugar per cracker)
- Low Fat (1 g fat per cracker)
- Low Calorie (18 calories per cracker)
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Low sodium (4.3 mg per cracker)
- Made with only 5 ingredients
- Ready in 25 minutes!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix the following by hand in a bowl to yield a moist dough:
- Place a silpat mat on a cookie sheet
- Divide the dough into 12 balls on the silpat mat
- Place a large piece of plastic wrap over the balls. Get a small glass (see photo) and press the bottom of the glass firmly over each cracker (press all the way down to the cookie sheet... yep, make them into little flat pancakes).
- Remove the plastic wrap (duh).
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove the cookie sheet and use your fingers to flip the crackers.
- Place in the oven for another 10 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Store in an airtight container. You can also freeze them.
This recipe yields 12 crackers
One Cracker is:
- calories 18, fat: 1g, saturated fat: 0.1g, cholesterol: 0, sodium: 4.3mg, carbohydrate: 1g, fiber: 0.5g, Net Carbs: 0.5g, sugars: 0.2g, protein: 1.2g
All 12 Crackers are:
- calories: 212, fat: 12g, saturated fat: 1g, cholesterol: 0, sodium: 51.1mg, carbohydrates: 12.2g, fiber: 5.5g, Net carbs: 6.7g, sugars: 2.9g, protein: 14.9g
=> Compare this to 13 Kraft Cheese Nips which have 380 mg of sodium, 19 g Net Carbs and 2 g of protein.
=> Find detailed explanations about the ingredients I used in this recipe by clicking on my Ingredient Encyclopedia!