I saw a recipe for Tim Tam Cheesecake Balls and suddenly had a genius idea!
Goal: "level-up" the recipe! My version has less calories, less sugar and more protein.
Oh, and keep reading... because I also made Strawberry Cheesecake Balls!
I'm a flexible dieter. I follow the 80/20 rule. 80% of what I eat on a daily basis is "healthy". The remaining 20% is at my discretion. This approach has worked very well for me since 2012 because I never feel deprived. I like that I don't have to feel guilty about my food choices. If I want a piece of cheesecake, then I can have a piece of cheesecake! If you want to learn more about my sustainable approach to nutrition, click here for my system!
- 250g light cream cheese, softened
- food processor
- 3 BSN Caramel Chocolate Crunch Bars (or flavour of choice)
- optional: mini sili-cups
This recipe yields 18 balls.
Please watch the video demonstration
- Remove your light cream cheese from the fridge 1 hour before you make the recipe so that it is soft (it's easier to work with)
- Process 3 BSN protein bars in a food processor until it resembles fine crumbs
- Then add the package of cream cheese into the processor and whizz it to combine it with the crumbs.
- Roll into 1 inch sized balls and place on a tray lined with baking paper in the fridge (or place the balls into the silicone cups).
- You can eat immediately. Place the balls in the fridge, otherwise, freeze them and eat them another day. I would suggest 2 balls as a serving size (3 at the most).
- Did you try this recipe? Mention @DrSaraSolomon on Instagram!
The entire cheesecake recipe is 1303 calories, 62.7g fat, 42.7g saturated fat, 140 mg cholesterol, 1535mg sodium, 85.7g carbs, 9g fibre, 28.7g sugars, 85g protein
The recipe yields ~ 18 balls. So each ball is 72 calories, 3.5g fat, 2.4g saturated fat, 7.8mg cholesterol, 85.3mg sodium, 4.8g carbs, 0.5g fibre, 1.6g sugar, 4.7g protein
Compare that to the original recipe: Each ball is 97.5 calories, 7g fat, 10.5g carbs, 5.19g sugar, 1.3g protein
If you want to stop dieting, ... then check out my Fat Loss Fast System. It's my common sense approach to eating because your diet shouldn't be a full-time job and it shouldn't cause anxiety. You can also sign up for my free intermittent fasting tutorials here.