Tastes Like Pie! But Better!
Now forget about it because I made something better!
My apple pie ice cream is half the calories! Plus it's high in protein, low in fat, low in sugar and YUMMY! Look at it....
How to Make Ice Cream
Click here to learn! It's easy!
Place the following into a blender (I used the tall 16 oz Magic Bullet cup)
- 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (note: you can substitute with coconut milk, which will make the ice cream even creamier).
- 1/2 scoop of BSN Syntha-6 Whey (Cinnamon Bun flavour)
- 1 TBSP Walden Farms Calorie Free/Sugar Free Pancake Syrup
- 1 TBSP low fat cottage cheese (this makes it creamy ... but you can omit this if desired).
- 1/2 of a 4 oz container of unsweetened applesauce (the single serving containers)
- 1/4 cup of water (to create a bigger yield because who doesn’t like big portions?).
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of cinnamon
Pour this mixture into your ice cream machine for 10-15 minutes.
Turn off the machine and immediately scoop the ice cream into a dish before it sticks to the ice cream bowl!
Add 1/4 of an apple (cut it into small cubes). I used a Gala apple. Drizzle with more Pancake Syrup, as desired.
Sara’s BSN Version:
- calories: 189, fat: 5.7g, saturated fat: 1g, cholesterol: 34.4mg, sodium: 270.6mg, carbohydrates: 20.9g, fiber: 5.5g, Net Carbs: 15.4g, sugars: 10.5g, protein: 14.9g
Haagen Dazs' Version (equivalent portion):
- calories: 500, fat: 28g, saturated fat: 16g, cholesterol: 130mg, sodium: 220mg, carbohydrates: 56g, fiber: 0g, Net Carbs: 56g, sugars: 48g, protein: 6g
=> Find detailed explanations about the ingredients I used in this recipe by clicking on my Ingredient Encyclopedia!