Wondering what to do with all your apples? If the kids aren't eating them, then use them to make my apple oatmeal cookies!
This recipe makes 13 cookies and they are only 93 calories each.
- Non-stick cooking spray (I used buttered flavoured) to coat the Silpat mat on the cookie sheet
- 1 cup of peeled and finely diced apples (I used Granny Smith)
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar (It's less refined than white sugar and has a similar taste to brown sugar so it can be used as a brown sugar substitute. Nevertheless, it is considered sugar and should be used in moderation).
- 1/2 cup almond meal/flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
Recipe (Makes 13 Cookies):
- Mix the following in a bowl: oats, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder
- In another bowl: melt the coconut oil in the microwave. To this bowl, add the coconut palm sugar, egg, vanilla extract and applesauce. Stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour (I recommend 2 to 3 hours). If you skip this step, your cookies will be thin.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Place Silpat Mats on 2 cookie sheets and spray the mats with non-stick cooking spray.
- Use a spoon to scoop the cookie dough onto the cookie sheets. Use your fingers to shape them into cookies.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes (Check them after 8 minutes). Leave them in the oven longer if you like them crispier. Let them cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before placing them in the fridge. Store them in the fridge.
Makes 13 cookies: For 1 cookie (1/13th of recipe)
calories 93, fat 5.3g, saturated fat 2.2g, cholesterol 15mg, sodium 5.3mg, carbs 9.7g, fiber 1.5g, sugars 3.5g, protein 2.5g
I'm an intermittent faster, since 2012. Why? Because it allows me to manipulate my tendency to overeat in a way that does not sabotage my fat loss. If you can relate, then check out my Fat Loss Fast System.