Top 10 Reasons to Skip Breakfast:
For your entire life, you have been told to eat breakfast immediately upon awakening. What if I told you eating breakfast in the morning is the reason why you are so hungry and not losing weight?
Here are the top 10 reasons to skip breakfast (i.e. fast 16 hours, eat for 8 hours).
1. To Burn Fat: Fasting promotes the release of body fat for fuel. Why? In order to burn body fat, your insulin levels must be very low. This can be achieved through short-term fasting. As long as you are in a fed state, then you are not burning fat. Furthermore, if you are eating all the time, from the moment you wake up until you go to bed, this may increase the chances of you eating more than you need... which is a recipe for fat storing.
2. To End Chronic Hunger: Fasting has a suppressive effect on hunger. Not eating breakfast is easier than trying to stop yourself from eating once you start. For me, eating breakfast first thing in the morning is the equivalent of opening up the floodgates to an all-day bingefest. Not only does eating breakfast in the morning cause me to gain weight, but it also makes me irritable as I constantly count down the seconds until my next calorie-restricted meal. Fasting is a great way to minimize food-related anxiety. Furthermore, you will achieve satiety when you do eat because you get to eat ALL of your calories in a narrower eating window.
3. For Anti-Aging: Fasting allows the body to discard damaged parts of your cells (cellular cleansing). This is integral to anti-aging.
4. For Immunity: A 2014 study was released suggesting fasting for 2 days could also help the body fight off disease. This study by the University of Southern California found that fasting could trigger white blood cell regeneration, which has major implications for people suffering from damaged immune systems (i.e. cancer patients).
5. To Decrease Chronic Inflammation: Higher levels of body fat are associated with chronic low-grade inflammation. Chronic low-grade inflammation is bad news because it's associated with rheumatoid arthritis, hypertension, atherosclerosis, fatty liver asthma, insulin resistance, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, cancer and aging. The good news is that short-term fasting combats chronic inflammation.
6. For Longevity: Fasting is one of the easiest ways to lose weight and keep it off. This is advantageous because the lower and more stable your weight, the lower your chances of having a heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes or cancer.
7. To Increase Productivity: You will have more free time to devote to work, relationships and family if you are not constantly stopping to cook and eat.
8. To Increase Focus and Concentration: The sympathetic nervous system is dominant, which controls your “fight-or-flight” instincts.
9. To Improve Your Mood: possibly from increased concentrations of Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor
10. You Can Eat at Night: It makes sense to fast all day and then eat in the evening because humans are inherently programmed for night eating. This is how you can get away with eating at night.... by not eating breakfast!
Send this blog post link to a friend or family member who insists on eating breakfast in the morning as part of their weight loss plan ... but they never lose weight!
Are You Game??
Do you think you could handle skipping breakfast (i.e. fasting) and postponing your first meal of the day? Give it a whirl!
Do you want to know when to eat your first meal? Do you want to know why you're not going to faint or "enter into starvation mode" if you don't eat breakfast in the morning? Do you want to know why you don't need to eat breakfast in the morning for energy? Do you want to know why skipping breakfast allows you to burn fat? Then get started today with my Fat Loss Fast System!
People who desire a long-term fat loss solution take a look at my Fat Loss Fast System about my flexible approach to fasting. Fasting is the most effortless way to lose fat and keep it off for good, without having to slash your calories. Just take a look at Tammy Walsh.
Tammy Walsh (born in 1971) has been following my Fat Loss Fast System since 2013. And as you can see, she is maintaining her results with ease. Are you next? All you need is the right system!