Explode The Fat Off Your Body!
Today's 20-minute Total Body Explosion Workout is INTENSE and it will make your hair messy!
LESS IS MORE!
Focus on metabolism-boosting workouts, or in other words, SHORT (ie. 20 minutes) but UBER INTENSE interval resistance training. If you train any longer than this, then your intensity will no longer be maximal. So if you want to maximize fat loss, then don't lengthen your workout, but rather, keep it short and increase your INTENSITY by:
- Moving faster
- Pumping out more jump squats during your 50 second work period
- Moving your jump rope faster
- Lifting heavier weights. Stop using the same dumbbells week after week. Invest in a heavier set!
- Jumping higher. Be honest. Are your squat and star jumps looking lame?
- Getting your chest lower to the ground when doing push-ups.
- Shortening your rest periods. I keep mine short! They are only 10 seconds, which is just enough time to get ready for the next exercise!
- NEVER interrupting your exercise session for texting, emails, etc.
Note: Do not go from "zero to hero". If you are a beginner, then you need to listen to your body. Progress is slow, or as I like to call it, "slowgress".
Always a Must!
- Read my workout rules before you begin!
Drink your BCAAs!
Stay hydrated with water.
- A Gymboss Interval Timer
- A laptop, smart phone, or tablet (to play this workout video)
- Shock-absorbing surface, such as interlocking floor mats.
- Dumbbells (heavier - I used 12 pound dumbbells: I recommend rubber coated dumbbells so they won’t ruin your floor!)
- Dumbbells (lighter - I used 3 pound dumbbells)
- A Dr. Sara Solomon Cross Speed Jump Rope by Buddy Lee Jump Ropes. It’s portable and inexpensive. I always travel with mine!
Set your gymboss timer for: 40 seconds WORK, 10 seconds REST. This circuit consists of 6 different exercises. Perform the circuit 4 times, which takes ~20 minutes.
- Sideways Walking Push-Ups into Twisting Pistons
- Burpee Push-Up into Exploding Star Jump
- Dumbbell Squat --> Bicep Curl --> Overhead Press (I used 12 pound dumbbells)
- Jump Rope: 4 High Step (Forward) --> 4 Bounce Step (Backward)
- Plank Medley: 4 (R) Side Plank Dips --> 4 Breakdancer Planks --> 4 (L) Side Plank Dips
- Boxer's Squat Jump Medley: 4 (R)/(L) hooks --> 4 jump squats (I used 3 pound dumbbells)
Do the workout with me! Just click on this video. And yes, Taz makes another appearance as my “purrrsonal trainer”. This time he punches me in the head during burpees. I didn't edit this so you can see his right hook, but this is the first time I had to refilm the video because of some of the other issues he caused!
Always Stretch and Foam Roll after your workouts to prevent injury!