I just created a healthy version of Taco Bell's Fiesta Taco Chicken Salad!
Taco Bell's Fiesta Taco Salad - Chicken:
calories: 730 (YIKES), fat: 35g (YIKES), saturated fat: 7g, cholesterol: 70mg, sodium: 1290mg (YIKES), carbohydrates 71g (YIKES), fiber: 8g, sugars: 8 g, protein: 32g
Sara's Healthy Fiesta Taco Salad - Chicken:
"A portobello mushroom cap ("bowl") filled with extra lean ground chicken, and loaded with vegan mozeralla cheese, diced ripe cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, yellow peppers and cucumbers, topped with spicy guacamole".
Even one of the gigantic mushroom caps won't add significantly to your daily calorie intake. So have two! Besides, portobello mushrooms provide you with copper, folate, niacin, potassium and calcium!14 And did you know portobello mushrooms are just crimini mushrooms grown to a large size?
for 2 bowls:
calories: 291, fat: 15.7g, saturated fat: 9g, cholesterol: 64.1mg, sodium: 287.8mg, carbohydrates 21.4mg, fiber: 10g, NET CARBS: 11.4 g, sugars: 2.7 g, protein: 28.5g
- Wash and dry 2 large portobello mushroom caps. Tear/cut off the stalks and use a spoon to scoop out a portion of the inside of the mushroom cap (to create a deeper bowl).
- Place the 2 caps (and all the extra pieces of the mushroom you removed) onto a non-stick skillet (or use non-stick cooking spray). Flip the caps to grill them on both sides.
- In another skillet (use non-stick cooking spray), cook extra lean ground chicken. Season it with black pepper.
- Wash and cut 4 cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup cucumber and 1/2 cup of yellow pepper
- Once the chicken and caps are finished, measure 3 oz of chicken and place 1.5 oz into each mushroom bowl. Top the chicken in each bowl with
- The leftover mushroom pieces
- The cherry tomatoes, cucumber and yellow peppers
- 1/8 cup Daiya Vegan Cheese Mozzarella Style Shreds (1/16 cup for each bowl). You can use skim cheese if you have no dairy allergy.
- Daiya Vegan Cheese, which is free of dairy (casein, whey and lactose), soy, gluten, eggs, rice, peanuts and tree nuts (except coconut oil). It is also cholesterol & trans-fat free and contains no preservatives. You can find it in the cheese section of your grocery store.
- 1 TBSP of Spicy Wholly Guacamole on each bowl. (You can purchase it at your grocery store).
- 1 tsp of Salsa or Guacamole Seasoning on each bowl.
- Season with Black Pepper
*REMEMBER: Your health is your freedom. Without it, you have nothing. It's time to start defending your health and the health of your children.
This recipe is also posted on Steven J. Wong's fabulous website anti-agem.com. In the post on his website, I also shed insight into childhood obesity. It's up to us to empower our children to make better dietary choices. Let's start by showing them healthier ways to make their favourite fast food dishes. And we all know no one takes the "hell out of healthy" like Dr. Sara Solomon does! You can access it by clicking here.
=> Find detailed explanations about the ingredients I used in this recipe by clicking on my Ingredient Encyclopedia!
I like the valuable info you supply on your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog and test again here regularly. I’m rather certain I’ll learn a lot of new stuff right here! Good luck for the following!