Mom's Banana Bread Recipe!
This is one of my favourite recipes from my childhood. I really like mom's recipe because it's moist. She co-stars in the recipe video!
It's not the typical recipe I post on my website. Normally my recipes are high in protein and low in sugar. But, if you are following my Fat Loss Fast System, this recipe would be great for your daily discretionary calories.
p.s. I made a "healthy" version of banana bread...you can click here for that recipe (but mom's is better!)
Preheat Your Oven
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F if you are using a glass pan. Otherwise 350 degrees F.
- 1/2 cup butter
- slightly less than 1 cup of sugar (watch the video)
- 2 large eggs
- 4 small bananas or 3 large ones (mashed, ripe)
- 1 & 1/2 cup flour (all-purpose)
- 1 tsp baking soda (not powder)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- For 1/12th of loaf (1 slice): 220 calories, 8.6g fat, 5.2g saturated fat, 56.2mg cholesterol, 59.1mg sodium, 34.5g carbs, 1.5g fibre, 19.3g sugar, 3g protein
I strongly recommend you watch the video recipe. There are a lot of secret tricks that mom shares. Plus, it's funny!
- Cream together the butter (melted in microwave 30 seconds) and sugar
- Add 2 lightly beaten (with spoon) eggs and mashed ripe bananas (fork) to the above creamed mixture and mix again.
- Add in the flour, baking soda & salt and mix the entire batter with a spoon.
- Bake in a greased and floured glass loaf pain at 325 degrees (350 if not glass pan) for between 1 hour to 1&1/4 hour. Check after 1 hour.
- Immediately removed from the glass pan (watch the video).
- Cut into 12 slices
My Way of Eating
I love food. Especially banana bread!
As an intermittent faster, I skip breakfast, and enjoy eating in the afternoon and evening. This works well for me because I don't like eating breakfast in the morning (it makes me feel nauseous), and I'm more relaxed at night (so I digest better). I also enjoy eating carbs! For more information about intermittent fasting, head over to my Fat Loss Fast System.
If you are strapped for time, and need 10-minute home workouts that use minimal equipment, then I invite you to join my 30-Day Igniter Home Workout Program. What is the 30-Day Igniter? It's my 10-minute HOME video workout program. It combines strength training, jump rope training and pilates. I teach you how to breathe during your workouts, how to activate your muscles (including your pelvic floor), how to move within your current mobility, and most importantly, mindset training! This is a mind and body transformation. All I need from you is 10 minutes a day for the next 30 days